Close

The Fusion 3D Printer - $249

Nate Rogers formed Fusion in 2015 to create a higher quality printer for a reasonable price. He also wanted a machine which provided a quick way to transport and upgrade the printer, and what he came up with is the Fusion 3D Printer. The printer sprung from the open source RepRap movement, and Rogers says this design uses the core components of the RepRap machine - with several enhancements – and they're all packaged into one kit and ready for assembly. Kits are available from Fusion for as little as $249, and a Kickstarter campaign is set to launch later this year. You can read the whole story here: http://3dprint.com/94069/fusion-open-source-3d-printer/

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    “Please don’t copy and sell this design. I’ve spent 2000+ hours these past four months just designing these printers,” Rogers says. “I’ve also Built five and have several kits available for purchase.”
    So why post it if you don't want anyone to make it ?

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Nice looking printer though :-)

But as fara s portability goes. I unplug my printer, I put it in my car, I plug it in somewhere else, I print.

All desktop printers are portable.

My sister and I would really, really want one of these. Is there somewhere that you can sign up to have an email sent to you when it's available for purchase?

Hi,

I Just realized 3DPrint.com did an article on my Printer, Thank you for your Support.

Im excited you Like my Design, I was going for Ultra Simple... Less stuff to break

Well, to answer the question, "why release the design, if i don't want people to build it?"
    I DO want people to build it, But I prefer them to Buy a Kit from me, for a little more than they could source the parts themselves. Primarily, I feel the design is simple enough, a Large company could capitalize on my investment, with little effort of their own. Also, I do want people to consider alternative design when making custom 3D printers.

This is my Beta batch, and I'm testing to see how the community receives the design, to determine design faults, and Ensure a successful campaign. A Fully view-able CAD model is available on my website, in the Upgrades Section, for a more in-depth look.
    After my kickstarter campaign is complete, I will release the CAD files, so people can go their own route as well.

Currently, I have 3 complete printers, ready to ship, and have reduced the price to $375, including the Geared Extruder.
    I also have 3 Pre-soldered Kits, $299, ready to ship, and only 1 un-soldered kit left, $249, ready to ship. $20 PRIORITY MAIL.
    If I get a Large order, The Lead time is approximately 3 weeks.

To order, my email address is Zeek_911@yahoo.com.
    Be sure to check out my website: www.FusionPrinters.com

Thanks again for a Great Article,
    Nate

Photo Sep 06, 3 50 09 AM.jpg
    Last edited by Zeek_911; 09-06-2015 at 09:56 PM.