Close

Student

Which 3d printer to replace mine with?

I've had my powerspec pro for awhile now and I love it, but the reality is I hardly use it. I planned on doing abs, but haven't ever even had the need to use it or try it yet. I don't need dual print heads either at this point.
    I'm debating on selling it and 'downgrading'

Is there a printer in the under $400 range that will print as high of quality as mine, have 1 print head AND have a heated bed?

I really like the pla + heated bed.

The largest thing I've printed is about 7" long

Engineer
    Hey, have you ever heard of printing ABS without heated bed?
    Polycarbonate sheet or acrylic sheets works extremely well, just make sure the first layer is either underextruded, touching but not squishing. These sucker will stick to ABS so well that if you aren't careful, the printed parts will break first.

Student
    Hey, jusy heard about the techologies from ABS printing. those polycarbonate sheet is awe some, I have seen from my friend which have a digital printing company, he use it to serve their costumers 24 hours with ABS printing, awe some right?

Student
    Never heard about it. But I like the heated bed because the pla sticks and I don't have to spray it with hairspray or anything like that.
    also looking for s printer that will still work with the makerbot print software so I can continue to print my .thing files. Not sure if any other software will allow me to do that or not

Engineer
    I dont know if these clone of makerbot can have its firmware reinstall, my best guess would be waiting for curious to give an answer. He has a flashforge I believe...