Close

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by BLKKROW View Post
    Thank you! I don't know much about programming/C## or anything. All I can use is Matlab thank you for your time!
    No problem. I was always used to # being used to comment out things in Freebsd config files and such so I was confused when I started working with the config files for the printer.

Engineer
    ok I got it working! the heatsink i got with it is comicaly huge lol.
    oh well this thing wasnt going to win any beauty awards anyways ignore the nest of wires20150930_194510.jpg

Engineer-in-Training
    I also have mine working and it has been printing for 4 hours with no issues.

I am happy to report printing with PID enabled and with the heat bed off I am getting the same results; in other words no banding.

Engineer-in-Training
    I am having some problems since implementing the ssr. Not sure if it is that, or the new power supply. I suspect the power supply. Got the 79amp model linked earlier in the thread.

The he issue I am having is the print just stopping. I am running the prints from the sad card. It is like the printer is being momentarily reset. The print just stops and reverts to a state it enters when you first power up.

I havent witnessed this this first hand yet so I am just speculating. I had a few small prints work fine with the ssd before the new power supply was installed. This is why I am leaning towards the new supply being the culprit.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by tsteever View Post
    I am having some problems since implementing the ssr. Not sure if it is that, or the new power supply. I suspect the power supply. Got the 79amp model linked earlier in the thread.

The he issue I am having is the print just stopping. I am running the prints from the sad card. It is like the printer is being momentarily reset. The print just stops and reverts to a state it enters when you first power up.

I havent witnessed this this first hand yet so I am just speculating. I had a few small prints work fine with the ssd before the new power supply was installed. This is why I am leaning towards the new supply being the culprit.
    Poor tsteever, you just can't catch a break :O(

Maybe a loose wire or something getting shorted and killing the power?

Engineer-in-Training
    Thanks for the sympathy. He he. I probably cause more problems stumbling around then anything else. Things are much easier to diagnose when there is a pattern. This issue has no pattern I can see. Some print fine, some don't.

My last 8 hour print completed without issue. Looks pretty good. I'll keep printing away and see if I can notice a pattern. Also, the power supply I bought was linked to in a different thread. It is a bit overkill, 75 amp server supply relabeled as a Juice Box from Ebay. I will keep an Eye on it.

Engineer-in-Training
    Print tonight failed. Gotta to figure this out! I checked all the wires and they look fine. Is there anything in the firmware or code that could cause this? Perhaps the power supply is the culprit.

Engineer-in-Training
    Print tonight failed. Gotta to figure this out! I checked all the wires and they look fine. Is there anything in the firmware or code that could cause this? Perhaps the power supply is the culprit.
    Have you checked the voltage output?

Engineer-in-Training
    Yes, it is holding steady at 12.4 during the prints.

Engineer-in-Training
    Yes, it is holding steady at 12.4 during the prints.

Do you have any way of video recording the printer for an entire print to see if the printer is losing power while it prints?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast