Close

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Hi,
    my name is Manuel, I am living in germany with my wife and two children. I built a Prusa i3 with E3D Hotend in Dec 2013 and made some modifications to improve the print quality. I Like designing things with Solid Works epecially for my second hobby: RC Helicopter flying. My current projects:
    - a small greenhouse for my children (a kit with many parts to put together). I´ll upload it to Thingiverse once I made the prototype
    - a printed quadrocopter with open Wii FCB
    - some custom purts for my T-Rex 700 gasser helicopter (reducing vibration of the boom support)

Since I do own a printer, I am looking for things to be repaired or improved. It is an awesome hobby!

Manu

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    Hello Everyone!

My name is Gerry and I'm just starting to learn 3D printing, anxiously awaiting an 8" Makerfarm Prusa i3v with Hexagon hotend in the next few days. I've been designing things to be 3d printed using an online service to make my prints but I'm very excited to learn and operate my own Reprap. I'm planning to use my 3d printer for product prototyping, video game handheld ergonomic prototyping and more!

I'm working on designing an ventilation enclosure for my i3v, and joined to share my design and progress here on the forum. If you're interested, check it out here: http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...-i3v-Enclosure

All the best!
    Gerry

Student
    Hi,
    My name is Andy and I live in Wales hence the moniker. I have only been 3d printing since just before Christmas this year. I bought (or got given as presents) all, except the plastic, parts for a Prusa I3. A friend had a Prusa Mendel I2 which he had bought as a kit but had not finished. I kept pestering him to finish it so he could print the plastic parts for me. He said if I wanted I could borrow his printer get it working and print my parts. It took me about three weeks, off and on, to iron out all the problems and get it working. I have had to give this printer back now but I have my I3 all assembled. I have just solved a problem with the Z axis so all the bits move as they should. Now "all !!" I have to do is go through the pain stage to get it all calibrated and printing.

Andy

Hello all
    I am a 57 year old truck driver so I dont have a lot of time at home. A year and a half ago I bought a kit from eckertech.com, spent a week putting it together, got frustrated and put it on the shelf. About 6 months ago, I had some time so I pulled it back out and finally got it working so the learning started. I have been going nuts with it ever since. As with all machines, there were a lot of things I wanted to change (added a print cooler, fixed z-axis stop, plus multiple upgrades). I am currently almost finished with my 2nd ecksbot, this one incorporates all the upgrades I did on the first one and now the power supply is mounted on the back and it uses a smart lcd controller, it should be running in the next week. I am halfway through building a wilson machine made with misumi extrusions, and I have the frame assembled for a rostock prisma.
    I have had a lot of fun and some disappointments along the way and will lurk here to help out whoever I can. Feel free to message me, but you may have to wait a few days until I return home for your answer. Happy reprapping.

Quote Originally Posted by haroldj View Post
    Hello all
    I am a 57 year old truck driver so I dont have a lot of time at home. A year and a half ago I bought a kit from eckertech.com, spent a week putting it together, got frustrated and put it on the shelf. About 6 months ago, I had some time so I pulled it back out and finally got it working so the learning started. I have been going nuts with it ever since. As with all machines, there were a lot of things I wanted to change (added a print cooler, fixed z-axis stop, plus multiple upgrades). I am currently almost finished with my 2nd ecksbot, this one incorporates all the upgrades I did on the first one and now the power supply is mounted on the back and it uses a smart lcd controller, it should be running in the next week. I am halfway through building a wilson machine made with misumi extrusions, and I have the frame assembled for a rostock prisma.
    I have had a lot of fun and some disappointments along the way and will lurk here to help out whoever I can. Feel free to message me, but you may have to wait a few days until I return home for your answer. Happy reprapping.

Message of the story is, Buy a kit when ever you can, And one day you will finish it, even if it takes a year ^^

I personaly love Rostocks/Deltas they are lovely to just look at ^^

And starting with a kit, you can learn the ropes with a minimum of frills and then incorporate the frills in your second machine. I think this second machine is a cadilac compared to the original volkswagon

Hi all!

Thanks for your story of your start as I RepRapper, DrLuigi. I use to recommend people interested in building a 3d-printer not only to buy a kit, but also to find and meet an experienced RepRapper in person. Both the know-how and the motivation gets a serious boost that way

I built my first Printrbot Plus march 2013. Been building since then. Ca 13 other RapRaps, kits, self-sourced ones, alone and together with others. Mendel, Huxley, Ormerod, Rostock Max, SmartRap. In the process of sourcing a Morgan and a self-designed one too.

The hardest thing I've done so far is starting and maintaining a 3d-print lab at Umeå University (our wiki). Hard because it meant convincing lots of smart people to invest their time. The printers there are running more or less every day now, printing equipment for the researchers (mostly physics, but others as well) and serving as an integrated part of an undergraduate course for the engineering physics students.

I love engineering, economy, politics, art, evolution, programming and to share with others, so I love the RepRap project. Exponential growth in the number of RepRaps is such a fascinating thought that I use it as a sort of ultimate goal of all my little projects. Eventually I will probably have to prioritize making some money from this hobby in order to be able to continue at the same pace :P

I'm thrilled to be here where people are already convinced that RepRap is worthwile, I should have come to be active here much earlier! I will help moderate this forum and hope it will produce lots of interesting discussions.

Glad to meet you. Read my blog, I will definitely read yours

Student
    Hello everybody, my name is Brent.

Back in high school i developed a strong passion for manufacturing and decided to pursue an engineering degree. Directly out of high school I earned an AAS in Mechanical Engineering while working as a CNC machinist/programmer at a small local production shop. My interest in manufacturing quickly became strongly focused on the machines themselves, I just can't seem to learn enough. After about 6 years working with CNC machining equipment I obtained an engineering position at large healthcare equipment manufacturer and have been slowing working toward a bachelors degree. I couldn't imagine being in any other field.

I just recently got into the 3d printing hobby (not sure what took me so long). I built my first 3d printer (Mendel i2) about 2 months ago which was a blast and has continued to be.

Glad to meet everyone and look forward to future discussions.

Hello folks.

I got some background in electronics and programming, I've been building my own printer for last several months. I currently finished one of the devices and working on more advance one that will maximise the potential of the RepRap machine.

Hello everyone, my name is James. I am currently in the midst of my b.s./m.s. in nano engineering with a minor in business. My primary focus is the development of nanomaterials within the 3d printing world hopefully making them stronger, cconductive, etc. My main contribution to this reprap forum will be in the delta style 3D printer.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast