Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Hello everyone, I've been building 3D printers for a long time now and I thought I might be able to help some of you out. I don't know everything of 3D printing and I like many of you, learn something new everyday. I will be helping to Moderate the site as well as help out wherever I can. I definitely can say that I specialize in Printrbot line-up but, I have designed and built many of my own RepRaps. So if you have any questions or need any help, I will do the best I can to get you printing.

Checking out the new forum. Was invited here by Ralph.

Currently building a Rostock Delta.

Follow papabur On Twitter Add papabur on Facebook Add papabur on Google+ Add papabur on Thingiverse
    Hello my name is papabur and I just signed up with this forum today. I am 28 years old, attend college at P.C.C. here in Portland, Oregon and built my first Reprap 2 years ago...been a full blown addict since. My reprap is a Prusa Mendal and over time I have heavily modified her; here is a picture of it so far:

I found that by resupporting the Z axis, you can remove 2 of the threaded rods from the front which in return, opens up the print area and reduces cost. I have also extended all my wires and run them through a 12mm diam. hole near the bottom of the custom acrylic side panel. Before I did all this though I did a awesome upgrade on my Z axis threaded rods and switched out the standard 8mm rod with some 10mm Thompson threaded linear rod/bushings. I had to create a custom mount in order to get the 3 screw design of the Thompson bushings to attach to the original 2 screws design(thats the 2 yellow parts under the black Thompson bushings..).
    To top it off I threw in some red L.E.D.'s to light up the under carriage and presto, my custom reprap. More to come and I look forward to sharing everything I plan to do with a good group of motivated individuals such as you guys! Thank you!

Hello, my name is Hung. I am living in Vietnam and founding RepRap Viet Nam for the user community here. In Vietnam we are trying to make RepRap more available for the people. At present I work to translate some RepRap document into Vietnamese. I joined this board because I want to learn more about RepRap and 3D printing as well. I was invited to be a moderator here at this forum. I hope I will be helpful.
    Hung,
    Last edited by RepRapVN; 11-24-2013 at 03:53 AM.

Follow papabur On Twitter Add papabur on Facebook Add papabur on Google+ Add papabur on Thingiverse
    Welcome aboard!

BTW, I was born in 1991 so I am 22 years old now. Nice to make friends here. I will try to be active. Cheers

Hello my name is Creghton and I'm currently in the process of designing my own 3d printer, more details will probably be posted in these forums! I've been interested in robotics ever since I was 6, 3D printing has definitely got my interest!

Been a RepRapper for about 8 months now. So far I'm loving it. I live in Houston Texas, and not too many people here have even heard of 3D Printing. All of my buddies love coming over to use my RepRap and see my designs. I'm loving this forum so far.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    On the kitched table, I love it... my wife hates when I do that lol

Student

Introduction

Hi! I'm Eddie, and I am a RepRap enthusiast. I finished my phase I build of a Kossel Mini delta bot about a month ago. Since then I've printed a couple keychains and christmas ornaments for my wife and set about planning my phase II rebuild. As sort of a capstone project for the build my wife and I designed this dog bed(http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:209726). The design goal for the rebuild is to allow the bot to be easily broken down to a flat pack for shipping as I will soon find myself RepRapping in Kandahar. Measures to accomplish this are to move all electronics within the base enclosure, mount the extruder to the base as well, modify the vertical carriages to include z-height adjustment, replace endstop mounts to accommodate this, and install biased connectors at the base of each tower to connect the endstop switch circuits. While I'm at it I plan to replace the end effector as I hacked the present one up pretty good trying to get the hot end to play nice with the z-probe and bowden clamp I cobbled together. That upgrade might as well include another four or six conductor connector to accommodate a future tooling quick-change as well as a fan.

I love my delta. It makes me extremely proud to watch it work and if I'm not careful I can lose hours "supervising" it. I'm very glad I decided to disregard the advice I read not to make my first RepRap a delta. It was a challenge trying to get it all together with little to no documentation, but not an insurmountable one. I tell my son often that nothing worth anything in life is easy. That said, I do plan to make my next bot a gantry or a-frame to allow for a heavier tooling or perhaps milling capabilities.

In any case, glad to be here and glad to be counted as a RepRap owner. Good hunting and if I can be of assistance please ask.

Best!
    Edward

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast