Close

Dreamer dual Extrusion offset issue

Good afternoon all,

Been having a bit of a nightmare with my dreamer - honeymoon period was great with almost zero failed prints - its still great with smaller surface area stuff but no matter what i cannot stop my larger surface prints warping and pulling away from the bed... but thats an issue i am working through and am looking into sourcing a few 6mm pieces of glass and will use glue over the top to hopefully solve my problems.

My main reason for this, my first post, is that the left hand extruder is offset from the right - so much so that a model that would print in the center if printed by the right is almost off the bed when printing with the left.

It hasnt always been like this, all was fine until a print failed last week (printing unattended overnight...) where the object came unattached from the bed resulting in a lot of mid air printing and a tangled mass of filament being discovered in the morning. ever since then the left nozzle has been massively misaligned.

Any ideas what would have caused this and how i can rectify it?

Thanks!

I (think I) solved my own issue,

If anyone has the same problem with offset prints - when updating flashprint firmware, update the dreamer at the same time! Otherwise things get lost in translation...

I hadn't considered this to be an issue and as I never plug my printer in or connect via wifi... But looking back it all started when i updated the flashprint...

I will update when this print finishes and let everyone know if i was successful in updating firmware and re centering nozzles!

Thanks for looking!

Did you figure out the cause of larger prints lifting/warping at the corners? I am running into the same issue. I am experimenting with different surfaces and temps but still have the same issue. I am beginning to think it is a warp in the bed. i am making some corner blocks to hold a glass right now but have been using clamps to hold the glass which may have been causing the glass to warp as well. Here is a pict of a print I just finished that had a warped corner.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am pretty sure its a warped bed - I have the glass now too so will be trying with corner blocks

I also came to the conclusion that it is worse with the windows in my office open - the small breezes that pass through the printer seem to make the abs lift and curl - so when printing in ABS i cover one side of the vents and have printed a louvered vented panel for the other side to cut down and direct the air flowing into the machine away from the surface of the print.

I swap back when doing PLA and cut down on the temperature but I never have much luck... it may be getting old though as its been in the printer since i got it about 2 months ago