Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    Hi again airguy,

I did a recalibrate with the lights off and used the simplicify function on a one pass scan of the default test item.
    You can see the item in the camera window too, I was using medium object with low res.

one-pass-stanley-lights-off-cal-medium-rotate-simplicify.jpg one-pass-stanley-lights-on-cal-medium-rotate-simplicify-scan2.jpg

I also think the first one which was the original calibration has better detail than the one with the lights no (second image), and is less overexposed.
    I also seem to think that setting up the right light balance for your scan object is important, whether this affects the white balance calibration after I do not know.
    It might be useful, if there was a histogram, showing the light levels, or an exposure meter like you get in photo editing software, as it would be easier to see the option with the spread of light. Having said that if the camera windows were resizable, then you could see more detail. :!
    What do you think?
    Hope this helps

Mike

You are correct your first scan looks better.
    In my case with the lights on i had more blur but there were details in the colors that was not shown before.
    After talking to Alfred about color textures and increase quality he said that there is a hardware limitation that seems reasonable.
    But after talking to Rebecca from after sales she told me that 1.5 is a 'trial' and there will be improvement soon.

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    Another test for you airguy,

This time I changed the medium level to bright, and re-did the scans, object never left the turntable, with the lights off & on, but the calibration unchanged.
    First picture is the best one from the previous post, on the medium setting, the next is the same, but on a bright setting, the last one, is the lights on, but also on a bright setting.

one-pass-stanley-lights-off-cal-medium-rotate-simplicify.jpg one-pass-stanley-lights-off-cal-bright-rotate-simplicify.jpgone-pass-stanley-lights-on-cal-bright-rotate-simplicify.jpg

What do you think now?

Mike

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    Yet another play airguy,

Not sure it's any better, but I adjust the distance to improve the focus, recalibrated the turntable with calibration tool, and then rescanned the test object. Light levels are critical too, best results were with medium, and setting theobject on a folded white bit of paper, to reflect teh light under the black base of the tape measure. Definition seems better on the black areas from screenshot... but I am getting punch drunk

one-pass-stanley-lights-off-cal-medium-rotate-simplicify-paper.jpg one-pass-stanley-lights-off-cal-medium-reverse-simplicify-paper.jpg

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by 24c View Post
    Another test for you airguy,

This time I changed the medium level to bright, and re-did the scans, object never left the turntable, with the lights off & on, but the calibration unchanged.
    First picture is the best one from the previous post, on the medium setting, the next is the same, but on a bright setting, the last one, is the lights on, but also on a bright setting.

one-pass-stanley-lights-off-cal-medium-rotate-simplicify.jpg one-pass-stanley-lights-off-cal-bright-rotate-simplicify.jpgone-pass-stanley-lights-on-cal-bright-rotate-simplicify.jpg

What do you think now?

Mike
    As far i can see the scan in the middle looks nice.

Here is a new model.
    All of them lights off, calibrated white in dark, medium and low quality.
    First photo one pass, second two pass , third 3 pass.
    dino-medium-lightsoff.jpgdino-medium-lightsoff-2pass.jpgdino-medium-lightsoff-3pass.jpg

After playing a bit with photoshop on the texture file.
    Here are the results of the previous model :
    first photo the product
    second the output of the scanner
    third the fixed textured model.

Still blur on the details , cannot get a sharp clear model ...
    Perhaps is the limitation of the hardware , or something i'm doing wrong ...

Product.jpgbefore.jpgafter.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by airguy; 09-17-2015 at 09:01 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12