Close

Engineer

3D Printed Lamps - Affilia

What an awesome way to use a 3D printer. These are 3D printed lamps, created by an Italian designer named, Alessandro Zambelli. He calls them "Affilia".

The lamps are printed on a Laser sintering printer using nylon as the material. The wooden base is not printed, just the main shade area. What do you think?

Awesome. It's amazing what a difference a year makes with these 3D prints. Last year you would see a 3D printed lamp and think, "Oh that's neat, but I would never put it in my home." This year, I could easily see these in my home and in fact want them in my home!

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    Yeah it's a good way to use a 3d printer, creating large open structures like this. I sort of like the form language, but I think much more could have been done with the geometry and the patterning. Looks too much like hanging wine bottles to me. And it's a detail but I really don't get what the story behind the green cord is.

They look pretty cool... but i dont see how you would ever get the lightbulb itself into it?
    Had that problem when i designed a lampshade myself.