Close

Best DLP/SLA printer under $10k

After selecting our 3d print service FDM printer want to start searching a SLA/DLP one, with a not too small build size.

We are based in EU so we need to consider customs duties and also support in the equation.

Started looking for Kudo3D Titan 1 and Formlabs Form1+, but also Old World Labs OWL-MC 2.

Any other suggestion?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Don't know much about available resin machines, but what fdm machine did you go with ?

Sorry bad written: we are in shortlist, not decided about FDM. Shortlist is Gimax3D, Meccatronicore, 3ntr, Kloner3D. Decision next week.

You can add to your search 3DFacture -Draken (DLP Kudo similar) and DWS - XFab (SLA- Form 1 similar).
    I bought a Draken and I waiting to shipment.

Technician
    Follow JSenior On Twitter Add JSenior on Facebook
    As above, I'd be looking at the DWS X-FAB machine (If they have finally made it available - They first showed it a couple of years ago.)

If you want an industrial machine we have an old EOS SLA machine (250mm cubed) which could be available for not too much money.

It had a lot of advantages over the bottom firing lasers/projectors such as those suggested. It just needs a lot more investment in resin to start with.

Add bford903 on Facebook
    I just started working at the US distributor for DWS machines but we don't have an X-FAB yet. Seen a few prints from it and they look pretty good. Heard they're still troubleshooting the material. Representatives from DWS are coming here next month and I'll ask about it.

The last few weeks I've been testing the Ember Printer from Autodesk and I must say I'm impressed. Very good print quality and open source design & resin. It also allows you to use any resin you want. Once you've figured out the optimum settings for the resin you want to use, you can upload it to their Materials Library for future use and anyone else who may want to use the same resin. The library is pretty extensive right now with settings for Form1 resins, B9, and others. However, the accompanying software is still in beta testing. Might be worth looking into.

My short list is Form1+, XFAB, Moonray and Nobel.
    Probably will look at XFAB at next Euromold.