Close

Help! The motor doesn't work during printing, extruder gets clogged as well

My replicator 2 can't print any complicate models. The good one was printed right after we changed the whole extruder set. Then the problem happen again. However it still prints simple models ok like cubes or Cylinders.

I believe it's because the nozzle is clogged as I can hear loud click sound. I tried to adjust the print temperature lower but it didn't work.

IMG_2990.jpgIMG_2989.jpg

So I open the whole set and watch the motor while printing. Here is the video:http://youtu.be/di8kyVKgdHs

I found the motor is not working at all after printing the raft and a few layers. After 20-20 layers the problem happened and no filament came out from the nozzle. I don't know if it's the reason why the nozzle gets clogged.

Can anyone help? Thanks so much!

Technician
    Hi there
    1. check fan blowing direction. Must be towards radiators.
    2. dont try to print like you did in your video with dismantled extruder. This way it can possibly print right.
    3. Unload filament, then Load and let it run for a while.

Otherwise your printer look OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
    Hi there
    1. check fan blowing direction. Must be towards radiators.
    2. dont try to print like you did in your video with dismantled extruder. This way it can possibly print right.
    3. Unload filament, then Load and let it run for a while.

Otherwise your printer look OK.
    Hi, Thanks for your reply!
    1. I checked this problem as the first thing. The fan is in the correct direction.
    2. I printed many times with extruder not being dismantled. It always prints bad. That's why I dismantled trying to figure out why.
    3. I did that many times as well..

Sigh...

Technician
    Look like your motor is working just fine. I never sow step motor problem so far.
    What is the temperature while printing? 230?
    DO test print with fully assembled printer head only.
    If you pause printing (when extruder stop extruding) - and make Load filament, do you get any material out of nozzle or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
    Look like your motor is working just fine. I never sow step motor problem so far.
    What is the temperature while printing? 230?
    DO test print with fully assembled printer head only.
    If you pause printing (when extruder stop extruding) - and make Load filament, do you get any material out of nozzle or not?
    Hi,
    I've tried the temperature of 230, 200 and 180. It didn't work.
    I did test print with fully assembled many times and none of them were good.
    Yes if I do load filament right after the problem, it comes out quickly without problem.