Close

.STL to makerbot 5th Gen

I Just bought a MakerBot 5th gen and I successfully printed an example from internal memory. But now I'm having trouble printing my own .STL designs.

First I downloaded ReplicatorG, then realized that the 5Gen will not take the .gcode output from this software. Then I tried to download Makerbot desktop onto my Linux mint (32 bit) computer with no luck. Then I tried to download Makerbot desktop onto my windows XP (32 bit) computer with no luck. I then downloaded Makerbot desktop onto an apple computer with snow leopard. Now I can run a program that looks like Makerbot desktop called 'MakerWare', load an .STL file and manipulate it, as I would expect. The only issue is that when I try to export the 5th gen is not one of the printers available. I can choose from 'the replicator 2', 'the replicator 2X', 'the replicator (dual)', and 'the replicator', but not my printer. Is there something I'm missing? You can take a custom .STL file and print it on the 5th gen correct?

I did try searching internet and the forum with no luck, sorry if this has already been discussed.
    Thanks everyone

I got it working. By updating the Mac I was using I could download the most resent version of MakerBot desktop. Now I'm just dealing with the nozzle jamming way to often, I can just select resume printing with no negative effects its just that I need to babysit the thing.