Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    For PLA, the bed is set to 60C, that's a Lexan bed with a PCB stype heater. But I think more temperature range is possible. I've had much success using just an aquarium heater stuck to the Lexan bed that only got to 35C or so. The print surface in both cases is 2" wide PET tape from Lulzbot. Then a quick spritz of Aquanet unscented extra super hold. Just enough squish (extra closeness to the bed) so that there are only slight lines visible on the bottom layer of the parts. For example, first layer height of 0.4mm and distance from the bed of 0.3 to 0.35mm. No need for any mouse ears or brim - except for very tall parts with narrow bases.

Note that there can be large differences in adhesion due to differences in the PLA from various manufacturers, and even in batches from the same manufacturer. The settings that have worked for months may suddenly not work anymore with a new batch of plastic!

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnA136 View Post
    Heated bed for ABS should be 100 degrees
    Heated bed for PLA should be 60 degrees

Kapton Tape for ABS (with ABS Slurry wipe)
    Blue painters tape for PLA
    Best Info reply out of all of them. I'd say you can go 10 degrees higher for both (110 ABS 70 PLA).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12