Close

Page 53 of 411 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
    Technician
    Are any of you using Raspberry Pi's with your QIDI's? Perhaps Octoprint and a camera? Just curious what cases/mounts you decided on. I know there are plenty on Thingiverse to look at.

Technologist
    Add KludgeGuru on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by sygyzy View Post
    Are any of you using Raspberry Pi's with your QIDI's? Perhaps Octoprint and a camera? Just curious what cases/mounts you decided on. I know there are plenty on Thingiverse to look at.
    I've been thinking about adding a Raspberry Pi 3 with camera and using Octoprint. I'd like to be able to upload my prints over the network instead on moving the SD card back and forth. Haven't done it yet but its on the list of things to do.

In the interim I have re-purposed an old Galaxy S4 smartphone to be my camera. Just posted it on Thingiverse, check it out:
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1411758/#files

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnride View Post
    I tried a less permanent version (see photo - there is a mirror version on the other side). It makes some improvement in ringing on a box test structure, so I think further improvements with either a better printed part than my sketch, epoxy or a redesign will help.

Attachment 8983Attachment 8984
    I took mtnride's idea and made my own inserts to go at the bottom of the guide rods. Not sure if it makes a difference but I figured that it couldn't hurt. I can post it on Thingiverse but I'd prefer to get mtnride's OK before doing so since it was his idea.

20160312_203755.jpg

Student
    I ordered the glass for the build plate, but a guy at work gave me a sheet of PEI to try. I installed it and it is just amazing. Parts stick great, and then pop right off after cooling for just a couple minutes. Only prep is a quick cleaning with alcohol.

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by KludgeGuru View Post
    I've been thinking about adding a Raspberry Pi 3 with camera and using Octoprint. I'd like to be able to upload my prints over the network instead on moving the SD card back and forth. Haven't done it yet but its on the list of things to do.

In the interim I have re-purposed an old Galaxy S4 smartphone to be my camera. Just posted it on Thingiverse, check it out:
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1411758/#files
    I have a Astroprint using a Pi2 and it worked fine. Im my opinion after using S3D Astroprint felt a little limiting. I also had a $20 Logitech webcam hooked to it which allowed me to monitor the print visually. The only problem I had is if the Pi lost the wifi signal or crashed it would kill the print. I have Pi 3 coming this week.

Very nice on the phone holder you obviously have some CAD experience.

I took mtnride's idea and made my own inserts to go at the bottom of the guide rods. Not sure if it makes a difference but I figured that it couldn't hurt. I can post it on Thingiverse but I'd prefer to get mtnride's OK before doing so since it was his idea.

20160312_203755.jpg
    Again nice work I was thinking along the same lines just hadn't gotten around to modeling it yet. Since my CAD skills are still in the beginning stages I may have to borrow your design.
    Also not sure if this is really a problem my CTC with arm stiffeners has more side to side then my Qidi and it's prints look just as good.

Engineer-in-Training
    I am having a very odd issue that I can not account for even a little.
    Every time I try to print in PeTG the material gobs up, then gets stuck on the nozzle.
    Plate is clean. Nozzles and PTFE tubes are clean. Plate is leveled perfectly as per a feeler gauge.

Trying to print a set of a velocity stacks for a buddy, have done 3 of em so far and they came out perfect. This 4th one will not start. Always gobs of material by the 2nd or 3rd layer. No settings were changed in S3D or the machine.
    I just cant figure it out.

Technologist
    Maybe your nozzle has a partial clog that is causing the plastic to come out weird.

Engineer-in-Training
    Maybe your nozzle has a partial clog that is causing the plastic to come out weird.
    This is what I thought too, after eliminating a couple other possibles.
    But this morning I cleaned my nozzles. Just over an hour soaking in acetone, then a blowtorch and tip cleaning with a bit of piano wire(smallest guitar wire sold locally is .8mm lol). They clean as the day I got em.

I'm still stuck printing on left side though. Still issues with feed speed on my right nozzle, but got parts inbound from Qidi to fix that.

I just at a total loss here....usually when there is an issue there is some indication of whats going on. This, it just happens at random times it seems, with no indication. I have been over EVERYTHING I can think of. S3D settings, machine setting, even conditions in room where my printer is. I even reloaded the print file onto SD card.
    Troubleshooting these little print issues has been rather fun aspect of printing, but this one has got me against the wall.

Have you checked the PTFE tube?

Page 53 of 411 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast