Close

Page 11 of 411 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyeoms View Post
    Ok. I switched over from ReplicatorG to Makerbot software. I think I like it better than ReplicatorG. One thing though. I haven't figured out how to turn on the auxiliary pla cooling fan. Is anyone else using Makerbot and did they figure out how to turn on the cooling fan in the system? I've only used pla so far for printing.
    The Makerbot software has no provision to run the cooling fan on our printers. I'm just going to get S3D software as soon as funds are available.

My Qidi works fine in ReplicatorG.
    But I run into problems with other SW that I downloded and tried.
    When I export files from Makerbot Desktop version 3.8.11 , it will not set the extruder temp in the g-code. I've tried the Replicator Dual, the Replicator 2 and the Replicator 2x settings with the same result. I also tried to use the recognized Qidi-Printer setting when USB is connected, no dice. Anyone has a workaround for this, except manually setting the extruder-temp on the printer?
    Lastly, has someone on this board a working Qidi calibration file for slic3r?
    Any help woul be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelix View Post
    My Qidi works fine in ReplicatorG.
    But I run into problems with other SW that I downloded and tried.
    When I export files from Makerbot Desktop version 3.8.11 , it will not set the extruder temp in the g-code. I've tried the Replicator Dual, the Replicator 2 and the Replicator 2x settings with the same result. I also tried to use the recognized Qidi-Printer setting when USB is connected, no dice. Anyone has a workaround for this, except manually setting the extruder-temp on the printer?
    Lastly, has someone on this board a working Qidi calibration file for slic3r?
    Any help woul be appreciated.
    I currently use Makerbot Desktop with my Qidi printer. The Makerbot software has automatically recognized my printer when connected via USB. Normally I have connectivity issues if I start my computer before I turn on my printer. You can try to restart background services in the Makerbot software and see if that helps. I know it worked a couple times for me.

Quote Originally Posted by HiloDB1 View Post
    I currently use Makerbot Desktop with my Qidi printer. The Makerbot software has automatically recognized my printer when connected via USB. Normally I have connectivity issues if I start my computer before I turn on my printer. You can try to restart background services in the Makerbot software and see if that helps. I know it worked a couple times for me.
    Thank you for your reply.
    What firmware version is your Qidi running on, mine is running v7.8?
    What version of Makerbot are you using, mine is v3.8.11?
    What do you exactly mean by "restarting background services in Makerbot"?
    I looked with a text editor in the setup-file for the Qidi in Makerbot and it recognizes the right extruder as extruder (0) and the left one as extruder (1) and is setting the selected temperatures correctly in the file. Makerbot seems to not create the correct g-codes (M104_T0/T1) in the build file and as a result, the extruders don't get heated.
    Is there a way to look at the actual g-code created by Makerbot?

Update:

I've been printing with the 1/4 mirror for a couple weeks now and I love it! The prints literally just slide off the glass when it cools. The bottom side of the print is also really smooth which I've been using to my advantage. I've also found this little gem on thingaverse. It works much better than the bracket I started with as it kept loosening up. This one stays nice and tight!

I have noticed that the bed shakes a lot (for something that is supposed to be still), mostly left to right, anyone else have this issue? I've got a plan for this coming in the mail and will update on fix.

20160201_193759.jpg
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1291106

Just got my QIDI printer from an Ebay purchase and of course I drew the short straw....

It is the newest version hardware/frame-wise, however it has the old extruder without the ability to add a fan (No holes in metal and no wires run either..), and of course doesn't have the fan either.

It also has a full menu ripped right from a makerbot (Says The Creator everywhere, and bot statistics, menu references an M button, and firmware version is Creator V1.0)

The menus also show no signs of a second extruder (only one to load, one to heat up, and only one listed under temps in monitor.

The support was a bit defensive at first until I showed them many many many pictures of what I received. I then was told they are going to ship me a new extruder set (I assume this comes with wires and cords etc) and a new 'motherboard'. I hoe this makes it like it is supposed to be.... any ideas?

I was told by them to try and use it in the meantime so I tried to print the sample on the sd card... Basically a HUGE rectangle lol.

Anyways, I noticed that the plate will vibrate and move (oscillations) when it gets moving and this of course makes the print look wavy and messed up... How do I resolve this? Seems to be caused by the fact the build plate is mounted with those springs. Any help appreciated.

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    That's unfortunate sounds like you had a previous version that was being sold up until December of last year.
    That's what I have bought mine November 1st. I got a newer extruder assy. from them and it does come with everything.
    The firmware is what most replicator clones have come with and does work fine it's open source.
    I have updated my firmware to the latest Sailfish version but can't recommend anybody try it. It's significantly difficult to do on Qidi Techs.
    I'm not sure why you guys are having build plate vibrations I've not really had that problem. Although the whole machine can occasionally get to rocking when the extruder makes a lot of short quick movements. You need those springs have you tried leveling your build plate?

Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
    That's unfortunate sounds like you had a previous version that was being sold up until December of last year.
    That's what I have bought mine November 1st. I got a newer extruder assy. from them and it does come with everything.
    The firmware is what most replicator clones have come with and does work fine it's open source.
    I have updated my firmware to the latest Sailfish version but can't recommend anybody try it. It's significantly difficult to do on Qidi Techs.
    I'm not sure why you guys are having build plate vibrations I've not really had that problem. Although the whole machine can occasionally get to rocking when the extruder makes a lot of short quick movements. You need those springs have you tried leveling your build plate?
    That is exactly what I was thinking happened as well with the version I received...

After some confusion from them and maybe a little bit of stiff arm (They didn't believe me at first) they are sending the new motherboard, and extruder assembly and fan (And some hinges as they also gave me two different hinges for the door, one of them has a cut out so the hinge opens fully, and the other doesn't so the door only opens like 75 degrees lol). I am to understand (Hoping) that the new board will have the current and correct firmware on it, otherwise I am not going to be a happy camper. As it is on this current firmware it doesn't see nut one extruder... I can't see the temps of the second, or preheat, or even load it...

Did yours used to say 'The Creator' at the top of the menus?

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    Yes it did only with the version they started shipping in December did that change.
    One thing I would like to see and you would be in a unique position to do this is a picture of both the old and new boards.
    I want to compare them.
    If you want to see what I went through to update to Sailfish read this thread.
    https://www.3dhubs.com/talk/thread/avatar-iv-qidi-tech

Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
    Yes it did only with the version they started shipping in December did that change.
    One thing I would like to see and you would be in a unique position to do this is a picture of both the old and new boards.
    I want to compare them.
    If you want to see what I went through to update to Sailfish read this thread.
    https://www.3dhubs.com/talk/thread/avatar-iv-qidi-tech
    I will totally do that for you!

I set this up with Astroprint (Raspberry Pi) and LOVE it, just can't wait for it to be what it is supposed to be lol. I am thinking I will go with an order of S3D in the near future as well. It does print lovely quality on the couple of things I have tried so far

Doe sit seem like an easy to replace part? I assume it is just unplug and plug back in making sure to get cords in the right places lol.

I didn't think about it until just now, but because I get to keep the old parts I will have a TON of motor drivers as spares lol, and even the extruder parts! (Minus the metal part with the screw holes and stuff lol.

I am hoping that the fan can be controlled with S3D or other software, I think I read somewhere that it can be.

Page 11 of 411 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast