Close

Page 392 of 411 FirstFirst ... 292342382390391392393394402 ... LastLast
Results 3,911 to 3,920 of 4110
    Technician
    ...and on an unrelated note I had to take apart my heads to get a clog out of my left nozzle.

Mission accomplished, however, now when I'm trying to print ABS with it I've got the left nozzle laying down ABS just fine, and the right one dragging across the newly layed plastic, which is then pulling it off the bed. Should I assume this means I tightened the left nozzle a bit too far, loosen it a hair, and re-level? Is there a good way to tell when I've got them at the right offset vs each other?

Engineer-in-Training
    I would not over think the glass bed thing. I use clamps like this. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:715545 I modeled mine myself so I can accommodate the glass thickness that I am using. I use knurled knobs on the underside to snug them down. As for glass I would go to Lowes or Home Depot and have them cut the plates to size for you if you don't want to use borasillcate.

There is a sticky in the FF sub forum dealing with dual extruder leveling. I am not sure if the Qidi is the same or not if it is it will require disassembly of the extruders to get to the screws on the back side of the heat break. from there I use a .001 feeler gauge to get them level. In that sticky there are various methods to get them back in line.

One question, Did you heat the extruder up before giving it the final tightening? If you did it cold it will be tighter than it should be when it heats up.

Engineer-in-Training
    Here is a video for the FF printers with the glass bed mod.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNqkgjplGhc

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd-67 View Post
    One question, Did you heat the extruder up before giving it the final tightening? If you did it cold it will be tighter than it should be when it heats up.
    I did do it cold. So you're saying that by doing it cold, it's possible that I managed to tighten it too far, and as such it's hanging a bit lower than it should be?

Engineer-in-Training
    What i am saying is that the left nozzle that you tightened cold may have gone in the hot end further than it would have hot. If you have already heated it back up the point is moot and you'll have to re level using the other method.

Super Moderator
    The simplest way I have found to adjust for small differences is to shim the whole extruder assembly where it attaches to the gantry. I got my nozzles dead on with a jig and still the right was a hair lower! I used small pieces of paper to shim. Worked great. This is really a fine tune method though.

Just an option.

Technician
    Yeah, I think the thing for me is that I don't know where they should be relative to each other. IIRC, the left nozzle, by default, is a hair higher than the right nozzle. To me it seems like it would ideal to have them the exact same height, via shimming. I guess I can mess with that a bit. Right now I'm just printing with the right nozzle while I figure out what to do.

Super Moderator
    If anyone is using Micro-Swiss all metal hot ends and ABS, I have posted an issue in the FlashForge area (it's with my FlashForge Creator Pro after all!) with pics. Feel free to add any thoughts!!

Technician
    So, I managed to shatter two sheets of picture frame glass no my new attempted bed. Near as I can tell, it wasn't the heads crashing into the glass. Maybe it was the combination of the binder clips and heat?

Anyway, being 0 for 2 on the picture frame glass I'm thinking I need to pursue a different route. What have people had the best experience with?

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    https://www.mcmaster.com/#8476k74/=164kzuz

Get 3/16" thick.

Quote Originally Posted by Merijeek View Post
    So, I managed to shatter two sheets of picture frame glass no my new attempted bed. Near as I can tell, it wasn't the heads crashing into the glass. Maybe it was the combination of the binder clips and heat?

Anyway, being 0 for 2 on the picture frame glass I'm thinking I need to pursue a different route. What have people had the best experience with?

Page 392 of 411 FirstFirst ... 292342382390391392393394402 ... LastLast