Close

Page 402 of 411 FirstFirst ... 302352392400401402403404 ... LastLast
Results 4,011 to 4,020 of 4110
    Super Moderator
    As a side note I am having a bad time with solutech PLA. Seems very inconsistent in size.

Quote Originally Posted by Merijeek View Post
    Well, the filament I happen to have loaded is from Solutech, which I have to say, seems to suck hard. I've had very bad luck with it. I've got a different silver I Can try.

For everything PLA on the glass I've been using a glue stick with almost 100% success.

Is 110 too hot for the glue stick, perhaps?

Super Moderator
    Is the parts cooling fan coming on. I had this recently that it was set to come on and I didn't realize and the left side of an ABS print lifted. Turned it of and redid the part and it was fine.

One thing I have done is add a PEI sheet to the glass and it has worked out pretty good. Take s a bit to get used to but haven't used spray or glue for a while now.

Yeah, I haven't tried the slurry method yet. However, with the AquaNet I've gotten it to about 3cm without it getting knocked loose. I'm using lefty.

Of course now I'm hitting the OTHER ABS issue I've bad in the last. This isn't a problem at the beginning, but the left edge of the piece (basically oval footprint on this thing) is starting to curl up from the bed.

I so hate ABS right now.

I would remove the old sticker from the bed so the glass has better contact with the heat plate. That way your glass temp should be more accurate.

My neverending battle with ABS continues. I typically have zero issues with PLA, but ABS causes me so many headaches.

Most prints, as long as I manage to get adhesion to the bed, I'm good.

However, I've now got a problem with ABS where I get a good centimeter of printing completed, and then the piece will come free of the glass like so:

Any tips on getting past this issue? It's a continual problem for me with ABS.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

It's been good for me, it sucks if it's inconsistent. I am getting ready to buy some more filaments.
    I've been looking forward to printing again.

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    As a side note I am having a bad time with solutech PLA. Seems very inconsistent in size.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

Successive Layers are X offset

Hi guys, I recently got into 3d printing and the QIDI Tech 1 is my first printer. I had initial success with my first print but now it's all gone to hell; it looks like the printer is putting down successive layers at an offset instead of directly on top of the previous layer. It continues that pattern until it extrudes off the plate. Any ideas how to fix this?

This happened both with files that I sliced (using Makerware) and with the test file that QIDI support sent me. I'm printing HIPS/ABS, 250C/230C/110C bed temp. I factory reset the printer and it still happened.

Here's a pic of the test file print; I stopped the print after it started extruding off plate.

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    Are both nozzles the same height and have you leveled your build Plate to the nozzles?

Yup. Here's the video that led to the above in case you can diagnose that way.

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    You're being pretty ambitious trying to do a dual print.
    What's your bed temp?
    I would recommend you seriously consider getting Simplify 3D for your slicer it will save you a lot of headaches.
    Yes, it's that much better and worth the $160.

Engineer
    Apoc4, I totally agree w/ Rcleav's comments re. S3D. Well worth the $. How is your slicer configured wrt the type of printer you are using? Can you do a single extruder print without issues?

Haha yeah, it did occur to me that I bit off a little more than I could chew. The same error occurred when I tried using the single extruder though.

After the back and forth with QIDI customer service, they determined it's a problem with the main board so they're sending me a new one. Hopefully that fixes it.

I'm pretty sure I'll get S3D but I want to wait until the new board comes. I was using Makerware before, but even with the test files that QIDI sent me, the same thing happened. So it's doubtful it has to do with the slicer settings.

Page 402 of 411 FirstFirst ... 302352392400401402403404 ... LastLast