Close

Page 371 of 411 FirstFirst ... 271321361369370371372373381 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,710 of 4110
    Super Moderator
    Tips on basic settings?

Quote Originally Posted by Talon 3D View Post
    This is PLA/PHA and PLA Plus for the purple. They are working great.
    The back is smooth as heck with PrintBite. I dont have to mess around. I wish I had it from the start.
    PeTG works great on the Qidi as well. Just have to dial it in.

Super Moderator
    Check for loose connections on the bed and on the main board. Look for any pinched wires.

Quote Originally Posted by Percoseth View Post
    I've been doing a lot of printing with my Tech 1, but have given it a break for about 2 weeks. I fired it up last night to print something for my wife and noticed the temperature of my print bed is fluctuating drastically. Both on the printer lcd and in S3D it randomly jumps to different temps. Just when I turned it on, I'm watching it go from 7 to 16, then to 40, back down to 6. All of this in about 20 seconds. Anybody know what would cause this?

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Check for loose connections on the bed and on the main board. Look for any pinched wires.
    You might swap the two extruder's heater and temperature sensor plug connections at the motherboard and see if the problem followed those. If the problem follows the swapped components, then the issue is most likely associated with those swapped components. As physical temperature involves significant thermal inertia, the issue is most probably with the temperature sensor. Bad connections / a failed temperature sensor are probable. Replacement parts are available from QiDi and there are videos on you tube (search for "qidi tech") showing how to perform the replacement. If your QiDi is still under waranty, contact QiDi for the parts. Sometimes they will ship via DHL which will cut several weeks off the delivery.
    Last edited by DaveB; 11-08-2016 at 06:34 PM.

With the PeTG it was a bit tricky.
    Bed 90 (PrinteBite) Bed 100 (blue sticker) nozzle 230, I've also slowed down to 24 on the print speed. No fan with panels on.

PLA dual printing bed temp 80 to 90 depending on the form, large areas needed hotter. Nozzle I kept at 210 to help blend the two filaments. Speed was 32 can go faster but for the really fine detail I kept it slow.
    I made this fan duct in ABS though for printing PLA/PHA, first two layers no fan then 90%the rest of the time. Front door open but top on for the PLA/PHA but normal PLA for open, top off and side panel open.
    http://www.thingiverse.com/make:256240

I hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Tips on basic settings?
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

Super Moderator
    Thanks for the tips. I may try the PETG this weekend if I get time. Been focused on the new printer.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon 3D View Post
    With the PeTG it was a bit tricky.
    Bed 90 (PrinteBite) Bed 100 (blue sticker) nozzle 230, I've also slowed down to 24 on the print speed. No fan with panels on.

PLA dual printing bed temp 80 to 90 depending on the form, large areas needed hotter. Nozzle I kept at 210 to help blend the two filaments. Speed was 32 can go faster but for the really fine detail I kept it slow.
    I made this fan duct in ABS though for printing PLA/PHA, first two layers no fan then 90%the rest of the time. Front door open but top on for the PLA/PHA but normal PLA for open, top off and side panel open.
    http://www.thingiverse.com/make:256240

I hope it helps.

Old post, but I just added a glass plate, want to print a Z-axis spacer or whatever you want to call it, but how do you adjust the printer so that it allows for the extra space-does this piece do that on it's own or do I have to adjust Makerware (doesn't seem to allow for this) or whatever program you are using.

sorry, can't really throw the terminology around

Super Moderator
    It will do it on it's own. Try to picture this, glass is .25" thick so that makes it that much closer to the nozzle, so you add a spacer for the Z axis limit switch that is .25" thick also and that makes the bed stop .25" further away from the nozzle.

One important thing is that when you put the spacer in is to adjust the bed way down with the leveling screws to make sure the glass clears then once you are sure then run your leveling as normal!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mmccabe View Post
    Old post, but I just added a glass plate, want to print a Z-axis spacer or whatever you want to call it, but how do you adjust the printer so that it allows for the extra space-does this piece do that on it's own or do I have to adjust Makerware (doesn't seem to allow for this) or whatever program you are using.

sorry, can't really throw the terminology around

Thanks so much. I have the plate cranked down really far, hopefully the spacer will make this work!

Super Moderator
    As long as the spacer is near the same thickness as the glass you should be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by mmccabe View Post
    Thanks so much. I have the plate cranked down really far, hopefully the spacer will make this work!

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Welcome mmccable, let us know how that turns out with the glass bed.

My printer is still going strong and has reached 3000 hours! What are the other QIDI's at right now?

Also wondering if anyone has any links to neat stuff that can be printed for a 3d logo to be placed on the front of the printer. I believe I saw something batman related before (wayne industries?).

Page 371 of 411 FirstFirst ... 271321361369370371372373381 ... LastLast