Close

Page 411 of 411 FirstFirst ... 311361401409410411
Results 4,101 to 4,110 of 4110
    Student
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    Where did you getthe thermistor heater blocks from as that would solve that issue? I was about to bite the bullet and buy a resin 3d printer but the thought that after < 100 hours of usage I have to keep replacing the LCD panel in them I just said no to that. I do not want a LCD panel to be considered a consumable as that is just flat out wrong and not something we should be doing in 2020. What happens, so I have read, is that the UV slowly destroys the panels and they have made better panels to get around 500 hours out of them now instead of about 70h but even then 500h is nothing (the panels are about half the cost of a new printer).
    Just ordered some heater blocks from Amazon... Pretty cheap, and if they're not fit for purpose, it's no great loss... It's all a bit trial and error, but that's the best way to learn

Does anyone have a Qidi Tech 1 that they no longer use? I'm looking to buy used parts to fit my unit which came with 8mm rods on the Z axis with 10mm rods that some people got with the later models.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahenraz View Post
    Does anyone have a Qidi Tech 1 that they no longer use? I'm looking to buy used parts to fit my unit which came with 8mm rods on the Z axis with 10mm rods that some people got with the later models.
    I haven't used mine in years and years and honestly I no longer 3d print as it left a very sour taste in my mouth so I finally left it. If I need to one off something I will but mine came with the 8mm then they made the upgrade shortly after. To be honest it would be far cheaper, and faster, to purchase some rods and the bearings but the issue will come in with the plate as the holes for the bearings are not large enough so you will have to ream them out then that leads to the three mounting holes that then need to be drilled out. Qidi-tech, the last time I looked, had replacement parts on eBay though the last time I looked was in 2019. I don't think the price for that plate is expensive and I would suggest buying it from them then get the bearings and rods from a different source. I would contact them on eBay about the part.

Good luck.

P.S. Where they get expensive is in the consumables like the nozzle and the heated PCB.

I got my Qidi Tech 1 for free and have been using it for tinkering and learning about 3d printers; I've hardly printed on it at all other than to test any modifications I may have made. The next thing on my list is to upgrade the Z axis. I thought about buying the rods and linear bearings but I don't feel confident enough to DIY it myself. I would have to drill permanent holes into the platform and that would mean irreparable damage if I fail.

Qidi Tech does have some replacement parts available but not a replacement platform or rod assembly.

I got my Qidi Tech 1 for free and have been using it for tinkering and learning about 3d printers; I've hardly printed on it at all other than to test any modifications I may have made. The next thing on my list is to upgrade the Z axis. I thought about buying the rods and linear bearings but I don't feel confident enough to DIY it myself. I would have to drill permanent holes into the platform and that would mean irreparable damage if I fail.

Qidi Tech does have some replacement parts available but not a replacement platform or rod assembly.
    Write them as a lot of times they have them and will put up a sale for you and send you a link.

One thing to know about that printer but do not do 110c on the bed for ABS. The sticker will peel off and the electrical connection will burn and bust off. If I ever used that printer again I would change out the Mightyboard and I would have to use a silicon mat and I would have to change out the heaterblock for one that takes a thermistor. All of that is easy to do and I will say the 10mm rod is a nice addition, and how it should have been originally made, but you don't really need them if you use the stability prints for it on Thingiverse. Once I printed those the stability went way up. Thing is anything printed in PLA in the machine will warp due to the heat build up. My chain I had done in PLA, as well as the stability mounts for the rods, and the stability is fine since they are below the bed but the chain I had to redo in ABS as it warped into oblivion. This is the one thing about that machine it makes for a nice ABS enclosed printer but the bed is not up to it though it says that it is.

I haven't used mine in years and years and honestly I no longer 3d print as it left a very sour taste in my mouth so I finally left it.
    I was equally disappointed with my stock Qidi. Luckily I got it for free and it is a great machine to tinker with as it has a solid frame and the parts are all easily accessible. But I would be very upset to pay retail for this. The quality of output is not great but maybe I'm just looking at it through a modern lens. Maybe it really was a good printer at release compared to whatever else was available.

I don't think the price for that plate is expensive and I would suggest buying it from them then get the bearings and rods from a different source. I would contact them on eBay about the part.
    I've been talking with them through e-mail about various things and there is very little support available for the Qidi Tech 1 at this point. They say that they no longer have the source code for the firmware (or don't want to give it out) and that they no longer have any 10mm rod parts for this printer.

Their X-Pro looks almost identical in dimension. I was told that the parts are not compatible but you never know. Does anyone know if the X-Pro has 8mm or 10mm rods for the Z axis?

I was equally disappointed with my stock Qidi. Luckily I got it for free and it is a great machine to tinker with as it has a solid frame and the parts are all easily accessible. But I would be very upset to pay retail for this. The quality of output is not great but maybe I'm just looking at it through a modern lens. Maybe it really was a good printer at release compared to whatever else was available.

I've been talking with them through e-mail about various things and there is very little support available for the Qidi Tech 1 at this point. They say that they no longer have the source code for the firmware (or don't want to give it out) and that they no longer have any 10mm rod parts for this printer.

Their X-Pro looks almost identical in dimension. I was told that the parts are not compatible but you never know. Does anyone know if the X-Pro has 8mm or 10mm rods for the Z axis?
    The original came with a Mightyboard and the firmware it used was/is Sailfish.

Personally that machine is not worth the trouble of trying to find 10mm rods, the plate that fits the 10mm rods, and the bearings. Do as I did and just print yourself up the stabilizers that slides over the rods and down into the base and the wobble practically disappears. That was the one mod I did, as well as the cable chain, that made the machine a night and day difference.

I spoke with Qidi and they said that both the Tech 1 and the X-Pro use 8mm rods.

Can anyone confirm whether they ever produced a Tech 1 with 10mm rods?

I spoke with Qidi and they said that both the Tech 1 and the X-Pro use 8mm rods.

Can anyone confirm whether they ever produced a Tech 1 with 10mm rods?
    It was confirmed years ago as they posted the pics of the 10mm rods they began to use (might have been posted in this thread). Btw, Qidi's "engineers" were the absolute worst buffoons I have ever had communication with. I bet the janitor would have been a better engineer or maybe that is who their engineer was that I had communications with.

Yes, I am still very bitter about this company and I stay as far away from them as I can.

I'm planning on upgrading the Z rods on my Qidi Tech I from 8mm to 10mm. If you've done this mod - how did you go about it? What panels have to come off and in what order? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Page 411 of 411 FirstFirst ... 311361401409410411