Close

Page 382 of 411 FirstFirst ... 282332372380381382383384392 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,820 of 4110
    Super Moderator
    Hard to say how good they really work! I think they help a bit to isolate it from what it sits on. I have made a bunch of vibration feet for various stuff. It's fun to design and make and they may actually work also.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon 3D View Post
    Nice, how well are they working?
    I know my temp table for my QIDI is a bit unstable. It will be better when I get the main bench for my printers cleared off and can put the QIDI back on it. LOL

Super Moderator
    Well, I throw in the towel on this. I have tried two scripts and neither works correctly. Then slic3r just make s a huge mess. It changes to the wrong temps after the first layer. It is massively under extruding etc. All of this is actually on my Flashforge Creator Pro. When I run it on the QIDI it is even worse.

I don't know what the issue is but I am far from getting anything to even come close to a real print.

Quote Originally Posted by CheesePatrol View Post
    I used the scripts found here: http://www.3duniverse.org/2014/01/05...forge-creator/

The GPX Perl script tool some messing around with to get working. As soon as I export, it generates the x3g - no extra steps necessary. I have the exact scripts and GPX batch file on my laptop, I can pull them for you if you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Well, I throw in the towel on this. I have tried two scripts and neither works correctly. Then slic3r just make s a huge mess. It changes to the wrong temps after the first layer. It is massively under extruding etc. All of this is actually on my Flashforge Creator Pro. When I run it on the QIDI it is even worse.

I don't know what the issue is but I am far from getting anything to even come close to a real print.
    That's weird... I'll pull my scripts and send em your way

Super Moderator
    Hey, thanks. I really appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by CheesePatrol View Post
    That's weird... I'll pull my scripts and send em your way

Engineer
    Hey W, Here is a New Years present. I guess it's actually a re-gift cause I just found it on Thingiverse. No idea if it works or will crash your printer either, so I guess that makes it kind of a lame present...

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2005590

Happy New Year to all

Super Moderator
    Hey, thanks. Just starting to switch over the JF's fan, heatsink and heatbar set up on the FFCP with the addition of all-metal Micro-Swiss'. If it all goes well then probably one for the QIDI also.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Hey W, Here is a New Years present. I guess it's actually a re-gift cause I just found it on Thingiverse. No idea if it works or will crash your printer either, so I guess that makes it kind of a lame present...

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2005590

Happy New Year to all

Super Moderator
    New heat bar, heat sinks and fan set up from our friend JF. Went together very nicely.

[IMG][/IMG]

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Hey, thanks. Just starting to switch over the JF's fan, heatsink and heatbar set up on the FFCP with the addition of all-metal Micro-Swiss'. If it all goes well then probably one for the QIDI also.
    I've looked at those on his website, but haven't purchased them yet. I think they seem a much more elegant arrangement than the stock one. Should make keeping things accessible, aligned and stable much easier. I am most curious to learn how the hot ends behave vice the stock parts. Can you safely reach the higher temps needed for some materials now?

Super Moderator
    Here is a Benchy print. First print after a few calibration cubes. Not a great pic due to the light.
    Still working on settings in S3D and always open to advice!

Haven't tried any higher settings yet. I am thinking to get some nylon and give it a go.

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    I've looked at those on his website, but haven't purchased them yet. I think they seem a much more elegant arrangement than the stock one. Should make keeping things accessible, aligned and stable much easier. I am
    most curious to learn how the hot ends behave vice the stock parts. Can you safely reach the higher temps needed for some materials now?

Hey everyone!

Before I start taking apart the extruder, I thought I'd ask a question I am sure is on the previous 381 pages! :-)

I have been doing fine with prints up until now. All of a sudden, I hear clicking which I assume is coming from the hobble gear skipping on the filament. The printer, while this was going on, was under-extruding. (I have seen this in the past with my other 3d printers during over-extrusion when it just can't push the filament out quickly enough.) I was able to extract the filament and run the extruder without filament. No clicking. When I put the filament back in and just try to extrude some into the air, I see it is under-extruding and clicking again.

Thoughts prior to a disassemble?

Thanks!

Update: I pulled the motor, heat sink, and fan off. They look fine. My guess is there is a clog further downstream.
    Last edited by ycoidi; 12-31-2016 at 11:00 AM.

Page 382 of 411 FirstFirst ... 282332372380381382383384392 ... LastLast