I'm curious as to the experience y'all have been having with Slic3r 1.2.9, especially if you were previously using 1.1.7.

I've now encountered two persistent problems:

1. Seg fault. I realize my STL generation pipeline is a little messy, but I consistently hit objects that 1.1.7 handled fine, but that crash 1.2.9. Using the "Repair STL" feature of 1.2.9 SEEMS to fix the problem, but may be setting me up for other problems...

2. Apparent over-extrusion, or maybe some kind of weird cumulative Z error. I can take the exact same STL and .ini and run it through 1.1.7 and 1.2.9, and get very different results.

With 1.1.7, the thing prints perfectly. With 1.2.9, with the exact same .ini, a somewhat odd (well..., very different than 1.1.7) tool path is created (though seemingly "correct"), and after a few layers, the hot end starts ploughing into the piece.

Note: wait a sec..., I misspoke: 1.1.7 can print the STL without correction or complaint. 1.2.9 requires the 1.2.9 corrected OBJ derived from the original STL, so strictly speaking, the exact same thing is not being plated/printed..., because 1.2.9 gags on the "uncorrected" STL.

I'm guessing that changes in the arithmetic between the two versions can create significant "tuning" differences..., so I guess I might start with dialing back the extrusion multiplier..., but I was wondering if anybody else had any thoughts to share regarding 1.2.9...

The performance improvements in 1.2.9 are nice..., but I'm not sure they're worth it just yet...