Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technologist
    I think folks are confusing consumer printing with industrial printing. Industrial 3d printing has been around since the 80s and companies like Stratasys have been there since the beginning. Quite frankly, Makerbot is not really aimed at consumers anymore either. Even though they still have some consumer outlets, Stratasys bought Makerbot to fill the small business niche.

I hope that the big players do get involved. They have the ability to really move the consumer field forward that only lots of money and mass production can do.

Banned
    Kdog I agree, and for now the money is to be made in the Industrial part of the industry. In 3-4 years though I think there will begin to be a lot of money in the consumer segment. I do however thing that in a couple years the consumer based 3D Printing industry will change drastically. I have a feeling that the technology will progress in a direction that no one can really imagine right now. Something different will stand out and really grow the consumer market. There is going to be a spark in a couple years. I just don't know what it will be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12