Close

FF Creator Pro Motor Issues

I am having issues with one of my machines extruder motors.

You know how the motor acts when it gets jammed? Tick Tick Tick, and no filament feeding?
    Well thats what both motors are doing with no filament in them. I am attaching a video that will show you
    what both motors are doing.

At first it was just the right side, I thought maybe the motor was failing, so I pulled the motor from the other side and changed the extruders.
    Started the filament load, and that motor does the same thing.
    So I was able to just switch sides and print from the left extruder, and in 2 days that side started doing the same thing.
    The only error that will pop up after about 3-5 minutes is "Motor To Hot, turn off machine" But it takes 5 minutes for that to happen. So I am assuming thats like a timeout error.
    The heat is getting hot to feed the filament, just seems as if the motor is locked up. Both sides.

I am sharing the video from my You Tube Channel
    http://youtu.be/G7zFm_uH98c

Have a look and let me know your thoughts please..
    Thank You
    Last edited by thevaporhouse; 08-13-2015 at 08:08 PM.

Senior Engineer
    Broken wire in the umbilical to the motor probably.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    are the fans going round ?

Yes its heating, and the fans are on...
    I guess I need to get a IR Temp Gun and see exactly how hot the heating blocks are getting. The screen shows its heating to the correct temp but not totally sure I believe it.

MJ its doing it on both extruders. If it was just one then I might think a broken wire.
    I have inspected all the wires that I can physically see. No damage.