Close

4th Gen Replicator 2 printing too close to plate

Hello!

My problem seems very similar to a recent thread about the 5th gen, but I have a 4th gen and different parts so the solution does not apply.

My 4th gen came with the upgraded extruder (not the smart extruder) and over 300 hours on it. The software and firmware are up to date. The nozzle is clean and everything is greased up. I am using makerbot PLA filament.

It prints rafts like a champ, but very often the extruder will gradually get closer and closer to the build plate during the course of a single print until it becomes clogged up. Large prints are only successful if I repeatedly adjust the screws underneath during a print.

Does anybody have any recommendations?

Thank you!
    -Matthew

Technician
    Hi there
    first try to Level build plate. Then try to print something without raft, but on large surface area only.
    If needed you can adjust build plate during course of printing to make proper distance.

But if distance between adjacent layers is getting closer and closer - then I'm afraid your only option will be to take it into Makerbot Service center.

Regards
    Roberto

Thank you Roberto.

How well it is initially leveled does not seem to always matter anymore (it used to until recently).

I cannot send it in, but that's OK because I can fix anything on my own. That is why I'm hoping someone has some experience with this problem.
    Last edited by matthew.faerber; 08-13-2015 at 10:11 AM.