Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyImperial View Post
    Simply put, there are not a lot of people who are extremely knowledgeable about every 3D printer and the multitudes of software that go with them. It's a fairly new technology with a hugely diverse community. For example, if I Google "CTC Model-05204", this thread is literally the first link that Google provides. There's not even a page on CTC with details about that model. Furthermore, CTC is a Chinese company that blatenlty copies American designs and provides little to no documentation.

Many of us built our printers and found all electronics, firmware and software from scratch. We are very intelligent, just not completely knowledgeable about Chinese printers.

As for your problem...you should look into what version of Firmware CTC is using on the controller board. Can you connect using pronterface?

I would look into Slic3r. It is a very popular slicing software, especially in the reprap community. It is what I use and has both advanced and simplified modes.

Both Pronterface and Slic3r will not send files to printer over USB.

CTC model # 05204 is one of the 'Bizer' line of printers,
    I think it was the 2nd design in that Series.

It may be a Copy but it is a very Good printer,
    and from what I've seen they made several improvements to the copied design.
    (primarily in the cable design to stepper-motors)

(Always with the Negative 'Chinese Copy' remarks, that gets old real quick, and there is No need for that type remark here)
    (Negative remarks like that are known as 'Being Unfriendly')
    Last edited by EagleSeven; 09-17-2015 at 08:29 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12