Close

Bukobot Duo failed extruders

I have had my bukobot since February. This is a 3.0 mm filament with a .35 nozzle. I have had very few good prints. After a while the extruder starts slipping and does not extrude. Thus print failure.
    Both PLA and ABS usually starts off fine. I can manual feed from repieter host all day long. I have tried to print with the MicroSD card, and from USB.
    I have spent hours and hours changing extruder temps, measuring and measuring again filament diameters. I have 3 or 4 filament manufactures product.
    I purchased a MK8 on ebay with no luck. I have swapped out the stepper driver to the extruder, I have added a fan to the stepper driver, and changed the fan to the extruder to a more powerful one.
    But after a while the filament starts to slip and not feed. I can watch the extruder gear dig into the filament.
    The nozzle is not jammed. And the failure could be at layer 1 or 25 doesn't matter.

Does any one have any suggestions? I just want to print good parts.

bad_print.jpg
    Last edited by lockbot; 07-26-2015 at 06:10 PM. Reason: added image of brim

Hi,
    what are your various temp settings ? Have you checked that your hotend is not clogged ?

Just 1 question : on 1 axis, i can see the marks where extrusion stopped or clogged, but I can't see it on the perpendicular axis... Is it actually the case or is it just due to the photo crop ? That would be very interesting.

In the photo I used ABS, heat bed was at 110, and nozzle was at 135. The the printed brim was 190cm x 190cm with out other print defects.
    When I noticed the defect I marked the filament and noticed it was not being fed. I am printing on glass and appears to be flat. But I will the glass rotate 90 degrees and print again.

The hot end is clean. I have checked and both pla and abs flow smooth when manually extruding via repieter host.

I did notice that my extruder gets very hot. I will take a temperature reading later this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by LambdaFF View Post
    Hi,
    what are your various temp settings ? Have you checked that your hotend is not clogged ?

Just 1 question : on 1 axis, i can see the marks where extrusion stopped or clogged, but I can't see it on the perpendicular axis... Is it actually the case or is it just due to the photo crop ? That would be very interesting.

Your Nozzle temp is way to low for ABS. IT probably needs to be somewhere between 210-230C.

I ment 235. Started at 230 didn't flow as nice as at 235