Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Add Marm on Thingiverse
    *kicks LambdaFF in the shins* I'm jealous too.

We get high humidity throughout our summer, 60-80% on some days, and where I work it can hit 110f+ (40c+), I figured out the heat index once, it was the equivalent of 250f. What the heck does that even mean in reality?

Quote Originally Posted by Marm View Post
    *kicks LambdaFF in the shins* I'm jealous too.
    Hey ! I need those.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    my workshop is a converted garage. average humidity sop far thsi year between 45- 53 %

I don't bother keeping my every day use filament anywhere but on the back of the printers.
    Don't have an issue with water absorption. But I think it reallly depends on the filament. Some of the stuff I've used has got a little brittle. The reprapper tech pla - just works. Doesn't seem to matter where or how you store it :-)

At the moment I use Prusa i3 3D printer. My garage experts installed an enclosure in my garage for my 3d printer. It was specially made for 3D printing by some awesome garage experts. They also fixed a lot of things in my garage (but that`s not the point of this post). The enclosure is very good ventilate. Has a lot of air flow and it is nearly perfect for 3D printing. There is laterally no temperature changes, everything is nearly constant. The garage itself is very well ventilated, with a very good level of humidity. There is no bad smell. The 3D prints look very nice, flawlessly. Big thanks to those garage experts that helped me a lot:https://www.advantagegd.com/
    Last edited by harpreetslater; 07-05-2020 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by harpreetslater View Post
    At the moment I use Prusa i3 3D printer. My garage experts installed an enclosure in my garage for my 3d printer. It was specially made for 3D printing by some awesome garage experts. They also fixed a lot of things in my garage (but that`s not the point of this post). The enclosure is very good ventilate. Has a lot of air flow and it is nearly perfect for 3D printing. There is laterally no temperature changes, everything is nearly constant. The garage itself is very well ventilated, with a very good level of humidity. There is no bad smell. The 3D prints look very nice, flawlessly. Big thanks to those garage experts that helped me a lot.
    Thanks for the idea. In the near future I will do something similar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12