Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows 10

If you read the Win10 EULA it is very clear the MS will never charge for upgrading to Win10 from Win7 or Win8.x (or on a newly purchased device) on the current device it is installed on. The only unknown at this time is what they will charge for new installs after 12 months.

With respect to sharing personal information with MS you can either opt out when you install Win10, or change the settings at any time.

I would suggest that everyone decide to install Win10, or not, based on their opinion of the OS's capabilities and not FUD.
    Last edited by 8-Bits; 08-05-2015 at 09:57 AM.

Senior Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by 8-Bits View Post

I would suggest that everyone decide to install Win10, or not, based on their opinion of the OS's capabilities and not FUD.
    I did so nothing changes. Microsoft make good mice, end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    I did so nothing changes. Microsoft make good mice, end of story.
    As-of Monday, 18 million systems have been upgraded to Win10 and the update rate continues at approx. 1000 upgrades a minute. Hardly the end of the story for most people.

Anyway, I'm really just trying to get some useful information on the new 3D printer support in Win10 and not debate Microsoft's motives.

Senior Engineer
    So don't try to persuade people that know when they are wrong then. Stick to the ridiculously hard way of doing things and use Micro$hite.

Follow Bobby Lin On Twitter Add Bobby Lin on Facebook Add Bobby Lin on Google+
    I chose to stick with my Win7 since all of my 3d softwares are compatible with my OS. I am still hesitant to upgrade until I read some positive feedback that the new OS is a success. I don't want to repeat another experienced from Windows Vista.

Engineer
    believe me i much prefer osx but i have to have a pc as well and i have to say 10 is nice for MS. its the best thing i have seen from them in years. just dont forget to not use express settings and turn off all the info sharing stuff during setup and your fine. like i said ive been using it for prob 8-12 mos. you may come across the occasional glitch but nothing serious. for us as 3d printing enthusiasts there seems to be a usb com issue that causes random stops during printing but really you should be printing via sd card anyway. thats really the only thing i have found.
    Last edited by jimc; 08-05-2015 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by positronicman View Post
    ... take a look at Windows 10 settings. ...
    This is what it all comes down to. The whole collecting data thing... its not new. At least in terms of sites visited, etc. But the keylogger is a serious violation, along with the fact that Microsoft override your system settings without your permission.

Need I remind you all of Skynet?

I still have not updated Windows 10, Windows 10 rumors are still many problems

So... something we have been waiting for...

One of the biggest gripes a good deal of the community is having with Microsoft’s “amazing” Windows 10 is the inability to disable automatic updates, an intended design by Microsoft.
    Irrespective of why someone does or does not wish to disable that functionality, it really shouldn’t be there in the first place. We should have the choice to install updates how we please.
    We don’t want drivers we had no part in selecting conflicting with what’s already installed. Nor do we want Microsoft installing whatever bloatware they deem fit without our say-so.
    For all intents and purposes, we own our copy of Windows 10 and should be given more, not less, control over it.
    The whole story

Microsoft Forces Windows 10 Onto Windows 7 And Windows 8

They might as well just go ahead and call it Windows Genisys...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast