Close

Engineer-in-Training

HIC 3D i3 black aluminum

Found a printer that seems to have covered most of the bases: Aluminum (especially black), extended 270 mm bed, LCD and spool on top, rubber feet. Still trying to figure out if Ramps or not, and what the extruder type, and power supply watts are:

https://www.3dprintersonlinestore.co...frame-prusa-i3

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161716034471

Technician
    Add ZorAxe on Thingiverse
    Have you tried to contact the seller? Looks like a decent printer. I'd say it's probably RAMPS 1.4 the power supply will definitely be big enough to power everything.

Engineer-in-Training
    Not yet. Still searching for all available black metal i3 options.

Technician
    You could always get plain aluminum and send it to get anodized. Or even spray paint it (requires more work though)

I'm a little weary because the name of this brand has "HIC" in it. I'm new to 3D printing but I was looking at the HICTOP Prusa i3 on Amazon and the reviews were pretty horrid. I don't want something that most likely needs replacement parts shipped out upon arriving. What is up with this HIC name in the 3D printing industry? Is this the same Chinese company?

Technician
    Prusa i3 in a sense are all the same printer, just wit slight modifications. Replacement parts are very easy to get hold of, or even make yourself. Alot of people buy a printer and the printer their own parts to upgrade the same printer. Generally if alot of people are saying bad things about a product, then it speaks for itself. Sometimes some people have a bad experience with a certain product, doesn't make the product bad. Only way to know is to try it yourself. If you are worried though, make sure the manufacturer/supplier gives you some kind of guarantee for bad parts, just to safe guard yourself.