Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry ABS+PLA flashforge

Hi,I tried to print in both PLA+ABS with my flashforge creator pro but without any success.did someone experience the same issue and can help please ?I tried with simplify3d and replicatorG and got the same result. the PLA filament is blocked between the PET tube and the "MK8" extruder and I have to umount this part in order to remove the plastic.I also tried different PLA filament and also reverse PLA and ABS extruder side and always got the same issue...the first layer of PLA is ok, then when it switch from ABS to PLA again, the problem is present everytime (even on different models)thanks in advance for your help !Sebastien

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Umm.
    sounds like you are doing something really weird or just not using the right extrusion temperatures.

What settings are you using ?
    ie:
    bed temp
    extruder temp
    print speed

And are you using pla and abs at the same time in different nozzles ?

Also are you using the latest version of simplify 3d ? version 3.0 Because the flashforge profiles are weird. So far I haven't got it to print anything from version 3. So I'm still using the last version of 2. because I've got that down to a fine art.

They really didn't need to bugger up the profiles the way they did.

Thanks for your quick attention so the bed temp : 60° (tried also 90°)extruder temp : PLA:200° ABS:230°print speed :2200mm/minAnd are you using pla and abs at the same time in different nozzles ? yes, pla and abs at the same time in different nozzlesAlso are you using the latest version of simplify 3d ? version 3.0 Because the flashforge profiles are weird. So far I haven't got it to print anything from version 3. So I'm still using the last version of 2. because I've got that down to a fine art.I've tried with replicatorG which exactly gives me the same issue even if it does not work in the same manner. I did use simplify 3d v2 for a long time, but never tried to pint with both extruder. I've upgraded to v3 last week, and tried to print with dual extruder for the 1st time...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by winch20010; 07-19-2015 at 12:25 PM.

Did you calibrate your extruder? Sounds to me like you're over extruding and causing a jam inside your nozzle and PTFE tube.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post
    Did you calibrate your extruder? Sounds to me like you're over extruding and causing a jam inside your nozzle and PTFE tube.

hi,
    there's no jam for sure in the Nozzle, but yes, it appears to be jammed in the tube. what does it mean calibration ? is it an option in simplify3d depending of the filament ? or is it through the flashforge console ? I use to change retracation parameters for PLA but not the rest. I didn't change any parameters and use the default simplify3d value for extrusion (and also on replicatorG)

thanks

Read Section 5.1.4 in this link to learn how to calibrate your extruder. Read the rest too, it'll help you get the most out of your printer.

And for interests sake here is the Sailfish manual. Read it, it is your FFCP bible.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    A manual !
    Hot diggity, didn't know such things still existed :-)

Hmm, so 36mm/s - slow enough. Temps look good.

But if you're using abs and pla at the same time you'll probably need to keep the bed at 60. You can't set different bed temps for each filament type if you're doing a dual print.
    Well i suppose you could, but it'd be a real pita as it heated up aand cooled down.

It actually sounds like the extruders aren't holding temp.

What I used to get originally with s3d was it would heat the right extruder to temp and then stop heating it so it would start to cool down. You'd get the first layer and then it'd be too cool to extrude any more and stop.
    Never had that with the left extruder.

My first (and currently only) attempt to print with s3d v3.0 Resulted in everything looking like it was behaving correctly. Bed temp fine, left extruder temp fine. As far as I could see left extruder selected for everything. Starts to print, and was trying to use the right extruder.

At which point I went back to version 2 lol
    Cursing the people who decided to mess with something that worked.

Might have a go today. I need the new infill settings so I have to get it working. Just wish the simplify3d would check their profiles.
    On the klic-n-print the standard s3d profile had wrong size bed and dropped the z axis about 1mm every single time it adjusted for the next layer. You could hear it go clunk as it dropped.
    I did get that sorted by loading a flashforge creator profile and modifying the gcode and bed size.

But yep the profile side of s3d is the worst part - from my point of view anyway.

thanks for your links Sebastian, this is really interesting I will try that today !

Sebastien

yep, this new simplify v3 is more user friendly from my point of view, but I'm not sure the profile is good enough for PLA, although it works fine for me with ABS. good luck with your new attempt aardvark

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast