Close

An Awesome 3D Printed Case for your Raspberry Pi 2

The Raspberry Pi has proven very popular among makers and students of all ages, and a new project noted on Adafruit, with files available on Thingiverse, promises to give developers a leg up on mounting and managing the hardware requirements of those devices. The 3D printed case includes an access slot for a Pi camera, a screw-together design where the screw mounting of Raspberry Pi to case uses holes in the PCB, a built-in set of 75mm VESA mounting tabs, a” rotary engine” vent design all via a high resolution STL mesh. The project also includes .STEP format files of the two halves of the case for use by any designers or developers who would like to tweak the design for specific applications. You can read the whole story here: http://3dprint.com/82092/raspberry-pi-2-vesa-mount/

Below is a photo of the 3D printed Raspberry Pi case:

Engineer
    This is Bad Ass!!

Add 0110-m-p on Thingiverse
    Hi Brian, someone on the SeeMeCNC forums pointed me towards this editorial and as the designer of this case (and my Model B case) I just wanted to say thanks. I'm glad everyone is liking the design so far and I hope it works well for all the RPi users out there.

Engineer-in-Training
    Add Wolfie on Thingiverse
    Not to deter anyone from printing the above mentioned case, but...
    http://www.mcmelectronics.com/produc...-MCM-/83-14422

You can buy a VESA case for a Pi for $0.90 (of course there is shipping). Dunno what the filament cost is to print the case but maybe just giving them an extra buck on your next order might be prudent. I mean I wouldn't order it alone due to shipping base of $8 but along with another order, it won't change the shipping cost if you throw it in.

Add 0110-m-p on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Not to deter anyone from printing the above mentioned case, but...
    http://www.mcmelectronics.com/produc...-MCM-/83-14422

You can buy a VESA case for a Pi for $0.90 (of course there is shipping). Dunno what the filament cost is to print the case but maybe just giving them an extra buck on your next order might be prudent. I mean I wouldn't order it alone due to shipping base of $8 but along with another order, it won't change the shipping cost if you throw it in.
    Where's the fun in that?

Also it states:
    "This item is no longer available from MCM Electronics"