Close

Kanèsis' Hemp 3D Printer Filament

Italian entrepreneurs Giovanni Milazzo and Antonio Caruso have recognized the value of hemp as a versatile material and are seeking to bring this natural, renewable resource into an interesting, relatively new use: as a 3D printing filament. Via their startup, Kanèsis, the duo have created a basic hemp filament that produces high-quality, lightweight objects right off a 3D print bed. Printing close to the temperatures required for PLA filament, at a slightly higher 210 degrees C, the hemp filament--formed by the residues of two plants and a thermoplastic resin--the material will be officially unveiled in mid-August at a conference and expo in Milan. In the fall, a crowdfunding campaign will seek to raise funds for production, with a market goal in early 2016. Read more about this material and Kanèsis' future plans in the full article: http://3dprint.com/81006/hemp-3d-printer-filament/

Below is a photo of objects 3D printed using Kanèsis' hemp filament:

Incredible. It looks amazing. Thank you for sharing.

Wow, such a good job. I've never thought that hemp filaments can be used in such way. Additionally, this innovative idea promotes reusing thermoplastic resin and recycling plans residues. This is definitely the thing that we all must do in the 21st century! Hopefully, due to your project pollution will decrease and the amount of waste will drop. However, recently I ran into this article https://www.healthcanal.com/is-cbd-legal-state/arkansas and an idea came into my mind. What do you think about CBD butter ? Would you try such a product?
    Last edited by randker; 10-09-2020 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by randker View Post
    Wow, such a good job. I've never thought that hemp filaments can be used in such way. Additionally, this innovative idea promotes reusing thermoplastic resin and recycling plans residues. This is definitely the thing that we all must do in the 21st century! Hopefully, due to your project pollution will decrease and the amount of waste will drop. However, recently I ran into this article https://www.healthcanal.com/is-cbd-legal-state/arkansas and an idea came into my mind. What do you think about CBD butter ? Would you try such a product?
    Sounds good. I hope it will be a good acquisition for me.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    it was 5 years ago and, as far as I know, it's still not commercially available.