Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Engineer-in-Training
    Add Wolfie on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo Moo View Post
    @curious aardvark Thanks for your comment. Yes, we had no intention for any discrimination when lauching such filament series. The filament was mainly developed based on customer's demand. As filament manufacturer, we should try our best to provide varieties of products to meet different needs. Thanks for your understanding.
    And, frankly, I am pretty sure thats how most of us non-permanently-offended non-victem folks (those of us without an entire deck of 52 race cards in their breast pocket) presumed you were operating. Even though you are not the first, cudos on adding new colors. I may or may not ever buy them but I appreciate you adding to the pool of options.

Sorry (not really), I don't drink from the PC Koolaid bowl. There is REAL racism in the world. This ain't it. For those who seem offended that they only offered 4 colors...

Some extremely disrespectful comments here. I was brought up with the basic value of 'love your neighbor as yourself'. If you don't share that value that then that's your business but its no need to insult those that do. I have seen the hurt that discrimination based on skin colour creates and I will take on any company that reckons the majority of the world's population isn't worth catering for. That doesn't make me a 'permanently offended victim'. There is real racism in the world, this is part of it and I will address the company in question just like I do the rest. You can't be on the fence on an issue like this. You either tolerate discrimination or you don't. There is no degree of 'wrongness'.

As far as Reprapper goes... actions speak louder than words. If Reprapper say that they are catering to their clientele then that's how it will stay since their clientele clearly thinks on the same level. Fortunately there are many other superb filament suppliers.

This will be my last post on the topic.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Why make something people don't want to buy ?

Chosing to make something you can sell IS not racial discrimination. Even in a country as massively prejudiced as south africa - both racially and tribally, having sound commercial sense probably doesn't count as discrimination.

Student
    This is a Chinese company making filament correct? They called it flesh tone and have 4 colors to start. There should be no debate here, some of you are just downright STUPID!

I could understand if they named them: Cracker White, Indian Pink, etc..

Maybe they should have named them: whiney assed pink, overly sensitive tan, politicaly correct black.

Holey crap! Put your big boy panties on and grow a pair.

And all the whiners saying it is rascist can go out develop there own perfect skintone filament and spent millions of dollars making it and let it sit in a warehouse unsold while being called racist

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123