Close

Build platform embeding problems

I know useing a metal mesh is the best cheapest option but I noticed something in allot of the videos and images.

It seems that occasionally the mesh gets embeded into the print which probably makes it impossible to remove. Or the model gets destroyed in the removal process.

What other build platforms you think would work so the models are easy to remove from the build platform ???

This is just an idea

I was thinking maybe a bare pcb board that is pre drilled that would do the trick They come in all sorts of sizes and holes premade for screws to weigh the board down to the bottom of the tank.

It may even be possible to put a simple sensor on the board to tell the peachy this is where the build plate starts but if the board gets destroyed frequently it won't be very practical.

The holes would allow resin to flow through the board and the pcb boards are flat too. Just I have no idea how well the resin would adhere to the board or how easy it would be to remove or how easlly the holes in the board would get clogged up. But it may help the build plate embeding problem.

I found a few round blank pcbs on amazon but I bet there are even cheaper ones out there.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...f_rd_i=desktop

Hey 3Dmonkey,

as far as I understood the embedding inside the print is what you want.
    You would just make the support structure large enough so that the mesh is just embedded in support structure.

One problem of the peachy is that you don't really have a z-0-level.
    Using a mesh allows you to not have to calibrate the Z-Level absolutely but with a large tolerance (depends on the size of the support structure).

I've already thought a little about other foundations but not yet come to a better solution than the current one.

Greetings,
    quertz

If I remember right, Rylan had posted in a different thread that he originally used aquarium gravel as a base for the prints before the mesh, but a few pieces would be stuck in the bottom of the print, so maybe some particulate poured in the bottom would work, like bb's or sand, something rough enough for good adhesion but easy enough to remove and heavy enough to not float or get stirred by the dips

Student

print your own base

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    If I remember right, Rylan had posted in a different thread that he originally used aquarium gravel as a base for the prints before the mesh, but a few pieces would be stuck in the bottom of the print, so maybe some particulate poured in the bottom would work, like bb's or sand, something rough enough for good adhesion but easy enough to remove and heavy enough to not float or get stirred by the dips
    Rylan had also said at one point that they were experimenting with printing a print base / support structure in the resin ... "so we wouldn't always need a print base"

The peachy would print a base with vertical support points, horizontally extending in a grid to the sides of the container

don't know if I'm explaining that right ...