Close

Some questions and advices

Hello everyone!

I received my scanner two days ago, and I'm already testing ... the result is very good! I have experience with another scanner, the matterandform scanner , and I would like to ask some questions and give some advice to improve the software.

- Must be calibrated in "free" mode? How? Or it goes? How do you calibrate?

- I tried the manual alignment ... and it is very difficult to match different parts ... Could make a more specific video, or implement an automatic alignment algorithm?

-And have asked before ... how the scanner connects to the tripod?

- Is there a problem when trying to scan to 1024x768 or just does not work?

- How do affect the scanning light conditions?

And now, some advices:

- It would be great to implement a cancel button, to stop the calibration process or scanning, and not have to wait until finished, or cancel the process in the Windows system administrator

- Include the ability to save the cloudpoint before the mesh, and even include finishing options meshing

- It would be nice to orbit the display during scanning, to review the process

Thank You!

A new advice!!

It could be great if you can control de turntable manually for free-scan mode...i´m trying to scan pieces about 25 cm tall....lightweight....and the standard mode did not scan upper parts

Hi Ariakas,

agree that it would be nice to have a cancel button during scanning.

See my other thread on how to connect tripod to scanner.

Follow EinScan-S On Twitter Add EinScan-S on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by ariakas View Post
    Hello everyone!

I received my scanner two days ago, and I'm already testing ... the result is very good! I have experience with another scanner, the matterandform scanner , and I would like to ask some questions and give some advice to improve the software.

- I tried the manual alignment ... and it is very difficult to match different parts ... Could make a more specific video, or implement an automatic alignment algorithm?

And now, some advices:

- It would be great to implement a cancel button, to stop the calibration process or scanning, and not have to wait until finished, or cancel the process in the Windows system administrator

- Include the ability to save the cloudpoint before the mesh, and even include finishing options meshing

Thank You!

Calibration is unnecessary in free scan, just make sure you have calibrated in table scan (automatic scan).

There is auto-align function in free scan, but should meet two requirements: scanning object have obvious feature and two scanning date have minimum 1/3 lapped area.

Take off the tripod’s white screw, using the black screw that equipped in the scanner to install. (We will make a short tutorial video )

The scanner only support 800*600 so far

According to Einscan-S is a white light scanner, which affected by ambient light, the luminance and temperature of scanning environment should constant, and make sure the ambient light is soft light.

And now, some advices:

Cancel and stop button will be added in software next version.

EinScan-S is designed for FDM 3d printing application, all models are exported in sealed stl, cloudpoint output is not supported recently.

It is not supported to orbit the display during scanning because it takes high occupancy of memory card in PC during the scanning.

Thank you for your answer, team

I will continue making tests

Thanks also for your feed-back, much appreciated.

Concerning the auto-align, my trials have been unsuccessful so far, but i did not know we had to overlap the scans by 1/3 !!
    Hopefully this is the solutions to my problems. About the "obvious features", does it help if i stick some black crosses on my part ?

Concerning the export to other file format:
    when we save a scan, we can choose between STL but also another format, which saves XYZ coordinates, is this the point cloud ? Which format is this ? .ply ?

Not everyone is printing what they are scanning. Myself i design other parts around what i scan. So it's a must to be able to import the file into a CAD software, STL is one format, but there are others.

thank you,