Close

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Second and third scan. The second is a LG projector and the third one is a bottle of odor eater scanned using the other projector. Granted I won't know if it's accurate, just interesting if the projector ever goes out and parts aren't available, you can use another projector (assuming you put in the correct settings in the computer and projector).Projector medium.JPGodor.JPG

Interesting
    Thanks a lot

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    Granted I won't know if it's accurate, just interesting if the projector ever goes out and parts aren't available, you can use another projector

That is interesting, and re accuracy, I
    assume there might be a parallax error, but, as the cameras are only seeing the patterns projected over the object, if you sit the projector over the other vertically, maybe when you calibrate it, it would self correct.
    I did take my cover off and the projector unit is pretty well integrated with the cameras, and although your system works, it might be best suited to turntable scans aka fixed scanner positioning, as it'd be a heavy lump on the end of a tripod boom with a separate projector strapped to it.
    Mike

Student
    Medium Detail.... Bright/Dark.... Turntable.... Object is approx 175mm long x 150mm wide x 175mm high.
    Render Shepherd 1.jpgRender Shepherd 2.jpgRender Shepherd 3.jpgRender Shepherd 4.jpgShepherd Front Chair.jpg
    Last edited by Slack; 11-18-2015 at 01:16 PM.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    that's bloody good !

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by manish View Post
    hi cad care,

you are from india?
    which place?
    my number is 9920997945
    lol was going to say you probably don't want your number on the web.
    But then as 99% of call centres are in india - you're probably safe :-)

Quote Originally Posted by 24c View Post
    That is interesting, and re accuracy, I [/COLOR]assume there might be a parallax error, but, as the cameras are only seeing the patterns projected over the object, if you sit the projector over the other vertically, maybe when you calibrate it, it would self correct.
    I did take my cover off and the projector unit is pretty well integrated with the cameras, and although your system works, it might be best suited to turntable scans aka fixed scanner positioning, as it'd be a heavy lump on the end of a tripod boom with a separate projector strapped to it.
    Mike
    Yah definitely not for portability compared to the scanner. I was curious when you said you looked inside so I opened mine too. To my surprise everything was modular with normal connectors like USB to the cameras. Looks like easy to replace pieces and maybe a chance to upgrade the cameras. That face plate was super difficult to take off. I would not recommend it to people if they haven't opened something up before like a phone or tablet. I'm going to try to find cameras to upgrade this if the original camera supplier won't sell individual cameras. I want to make a base station for higher rez scans.

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    As I'm on v1.7.1 now, and I see there is a v1.7.2 out on 3dker, I thought I'd do another test scan and a photo reference. It's only a one pass scan on the turntable (and if it had more steps the cavity detail would be clearer, less shadows to obscure the projected patterns), but the results are impressive, much better than the early software, so well done Shining 3D.

Einscan-S object.jpgEinscan-S-simplify.jpg

Mike

Student
    This was done using the turntable, Medium Light, High Detail. Object approx 60mm high x 40mm wide. I did 6 scans.Bear1.jpgBear2.jpgBear3.jpgBear4.jpgBear5.jpg

Student
    Turntable, Light/Dark, High Detail, 3 scans. Object is approx 180mm high x 140mm deep x 100mm wide.

Pelican1.jpgPelican2.jpgPelican3.jpgPelican4.jpgDSC04427.jpg

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast