Close

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Post your scans here !

My first scan, 48h after reception, not bad considering i did it on a Mac !

I scanned an orange, because everybody know what it is , and i think it's probably a difficult object to scan, it's kind of uniform, and i wanted to see if it picked up the skin texture.

Well it's beyond my expectations !

I cannot upload the mesh here, it's 300 MB, i tried on Thingiverse, but i think it's too big. You can see every little bump and texture of the skin, i scanned in high res mode, it took a few minutes only. Picture is a printscreen, and i also try to show the mesh, so many triangles in every little bump.

Shining 3D team -> You guys are incredible !

This tool is opening up so many possibilities now.

orange1.jpgorange2.jpg
    Last edited by Hugues; 07-01-2015 at 01:17 PM.

Hey there. I'm not a backer but very interested in the Einscan. Suggest you upload scans to Sketchfab for everyone to appreciate.

Cheers,

AndyL

Follow EinScan-S On Twitter Add EinScan-S on Facebook
    Hi, AndyL, we have a official page on Sketchfab. We have uploaded a lot of scans. click this link https://sketchfab.com/einscan

fantastic~! expecting for more wonderful scans sharing here~

Scanned my motorcycle helmet this afternoon, high details selection,
    the resulting file was 1 gig !!

It took me about an hour, 20 scans maybe, each time the software managed to align the new scan with the rest, perfect !

I cannot upload the stl file here, but just to give you an idea of the level of detail:
    at the back of my helmet, there is a slightly embossed logo, same color as surrounding, i measured its thickness at around 0.1 mm,
    the scanner did not have any problem to pick it up, you can read it at the back of the helmet: Nolan

Amazing !

The image below is a printscreen of the mesh after being reduced to around 170 meg, using Meshlab

helmet.jpg

Staff Engineer
    The Einscan does look like an interesting product; I called it "vaporware" because it didn't appear that they were actually selling it yet, but just taking pre-orders. But it's good to know that some of them are out in the world and working for people. I guess they're ramping up production at this point. It seems that it is capable of capturing good detail, and integrating the scans (at least those taken in turntable mode) into solid models. They don't talk much about the "free scanning" option on their site, except that it's capable of dealing with larger objects. I'd definitely like to try one out, but I guess that won't happen until the end of August at the earliest.

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

The scan above was taken without their turn table, but using a tripod instead. I was turning the helmet.

Yup, EinScan-S. Saw that. Rest assured, I'm watching you! :-)

However, I like to see what your average user can achieve. Once bitten, twice shy :-)

Cheers,

AndyL
    Last edited by Elpulpo; 07-31-2015 at 10:57 AM.

Student
    Add Nerv on Facebook
    Just to show you what the EinScan-S is really capable of, this model is so accurately detailed you can pick up surface deviation that wasn't even that obvious to the eye.

The shape is what made this part very challenging to scan. The internal profile transitions from one side to the other, and getting all of that to align perfectly takes practice, but it is very possible with the package as it is.

This part is 510mm x 460mm x 115 mm. This was all in a single scan session.

Finally.jpg

Same scan, just from underneath:

Finally_Bot.JPG

Just in case anyone was on the fence about what this scanner is actually capable of. No scanner in the world even comes close to the EinScan-S for the price.

Someone asked if the HP sprout could do this? I would love to see someone try! This part is really large!

Now I can use this file to design parts to attach to it as intended. This scanner isn't intended for reverse engineering, but scanning items to get silhouettes for design work, this it can do very well.

Best regards,

Dave @ Nerv

Student
    Add Nerv on Facebook
    This surface roughness shown is actually really there. Very thin burned oil deposits are on that surface and I painted over them for scanning because I wasn't too concerned about such fine detail.

The scanner picked it up anyway: Every single little bump and nick is actually casting flaws on the part, not scan glitches like so many other scanners produce.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast