Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Peachy Printer Resin Filler to help make resin last longer

On the peachy Printer Website it states that you are able to use Resin Filler to help make your resin last longer so you use less Resin ???

http://www.peachyprinter.com/#!printer-specs/c1gk6

Does anybody know what kind of resin Fillers would work with the resin for the Peachy Printer ???

Spending $25 from makerjuice and using a cheap filler to make the resin last as if you were using 1 liter I think would be useful to allot of people.

Old thread with no love...
    I have the same question..

Also---- whats a resin filler?
    I'm adjusting my order now and adding a 2nd peachy and a resin or 2!

Engineer-in-Training

Another interesting thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kingoddball View Post
    Old thread with no love...
    I have the same question..

Also---- whats a resin filler?
    I'm adjusting my order now and adding a 2nd peachy and a resin or 2!
    There are a number of powder fillers on ebay.... not too expensive. An interesting one is copper:- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/25109...f14=101&ff19=0

Staff Engineer
    Though it might be common sense already, it should be noted that if you sue a filler, be sure to use one that doesn't lower the buoyency of the resin and make it heavier than the saline. Adding metal powders to the mix might do just that.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Feign View Post
    Though it might be common sense already, it should be noted that if you sue a filler, be sure to use one that doesn't lower the buoyency of the resin and make it heavier than the saline. Adding metal powders to the mix might do just that.
    It's such an interesting possibility (adding resins) that perhaps a more dense fluid (than saline) should be investigated..... not too serious a suggestion, but mercury is quite dense....

How about glaubers salts (more serious)?

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Feign View Post
    I would have thought that any filler would have to be the same density as the resin. If the filler was more dense, wouldn't it just sink in the resin and you'd end up with no filler in the upper part of the print? None of the printers I've seen agitate the resin to keep particles suspended.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Slatye View Post
    I would have thought that any filler would have to be the same density as the resin. If the filler was more dense, wouldn't it just sink in the resin and you'd end up with no filler in the upper part of the print? None of the printers I've seen agitate the resin to keep particles suspended.
    It's not entirely about density.... but over a very long period more dense particles will separate out, but for the duration of a print, they may remain in suspension. I've just realised that we could make 'prints' with any cheap resin of your choice and any filler of your choice. All you do, is buy the rubbery resin and print a mould. You could add 0.5mm to your design all round and knock out an open base design, then external to the printer, tip in any resin and filler of your choice. You cant do that with an extrusion printer. We should get the beta testers to try printing moulds. This would greatly extend Peachy's uses. The CAD software could have some code such as "print mould" which does all the necessary clearances for mould production. For small production runs, moulds would be amazing and there are very cheap catalytic resins out there.

Engineer-in-Training

water clear resin for possible moulding

Quote Originally Posted by mike_biddell View Post
    It's not entirely about density.... but over a very long period more dense particles will separate out, but for the duration of a print, they may remain in suspension. I've just realised that we could make 'prints' with any cheap resin of your choice and any filler of your choice. All you do, is buy the rubbery resin and print a mould. You could add 0.5mm to your design all round and knock out an open base design, then external to the printer, tip in any resin and filler of your choice. You cant do that with an extrusion printer. We should get the beta testers to try printing moulds. This would greatly extend Peachy's uses. The CAD software could have some code such as "print mould" which does all the necessary clearances for mould production. For small production runs, moulds would be amazing and there are very cheap catalytic resins out there.
    If the mould idea is viable, wouldn't mind trying some of this :- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7701011-1-...item2a348e18cf

What!?!?
    This is crazy. Metal Filler??

Time to look for some info.

Thanks.

you can add more salt too... I guess

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast