Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well, after stretching the spring, i have not yet had one failed print from the original issue. Guess that was it. Anyone have any links for a good aluminum extruder? Preferably one that uses a spring, but also has a tension screw. And also uses the original feed gear/cog.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPenguin View Post
    Ok, so i stretched the extruder spring and added a few drops of machine oil to the hotend tube and extruder... And my first (Almost) successful print just finished.
    Now, in the past 6 days, i have had 3 successful prints, counting this one. With that, i can't say for sure if that solved the issue, so i will report again after a few more prints.
    The only issue was a bit of warping (First time i have ever seen PLA warp). I was printing at 200C... I've heard people say that 200C is hot, but i have also heard people say that for Makerbot Filament 230C is ideal, but then also heard that it isn't.
    Going to try lowering to 190C... Hope that fixes it.
    http://imgur.com/a/x44Ci
    Perhaps on a more basic level: have you checked to see if anything is possibly preventing your spool from rotating freely? There might be just enough friction to prevent the extruder from pulling the filament.

I am experiencing the same problem. We have 2 replicator2 machines. Both will successfully start a print but stop pat way through. The printer head stops extruding but continues to go through the motions. These are parts from a file I have use successfully in the past a number of times. I am printing PLA at 230C. It appears that at some point the pla is getting stuck in the feeder tube that screws into the heater block. Yesterday I dismantled the head. Cleared out the feeder tube and the extruder tip. Readjusted the build plate. The print started beautifully but stopped after 3mm had been put down. This was a 16 hr print. It was running around in the air when I came in this morning.
    Puzzling and pretty frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post
    Perhaps on a more basic level: have you checked to see if anything is possibly preventing your spool from rotating freely? There might be just enough friction to prevent the extruder from pulling the filament.
    This might be another issue. Any commercial spool holders you can recommend (That are of course, worth purchasing)?

Quote Originally Posted by HenryE View Post
    I am experiencing the same problem. We have 2 replicator2 machines. Both will successfully start a print but stop pat way through. The printer head stops extruding but continues to go through the motions. These are parts from a file I have use successfully in the past a number of times. I am printing PLA at 230C. It appears that at some point the pla is getting stuck in the feeder tube that screws into the heater block. Yesterday I dismantled the head. Cleared out the feeder tube and the extruder tip. Readjusted the build plate. The print started beautifully but stopped after 3mm had been put down. This was a 16 hr print. It was running around in the air when I came in this morning.
    Puzzling and pretty frustrating.
    I get great prints at 200C on our makerbot rep 2... You should try that, it could be heat creeping. That, and what fixed my issue, is the tension spring. Try stretching that, and maybe even replacing the feed gear/cog. Works fine for me now, new spring on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post
    I had this exact same problem. The print would stop at the same spot every time. Spent hours troubleshooting. Turned out, the spool was getting stuck on the stock spool holder. I designed a smaller one and have never had that issue again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12