Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Color Matching Filament, If you're a manufacturer of Filament, please read....

If you're like me, you're finding it hard to get the same color filament each time you order a spool, even from the same Manufacturer at times.

I have a simple request. When you sell your filament, please include some sort of way for us to easily color match. For example, you can use the Pantone system. Hell I'll take a HTML color equivalent like #FF0000 vs #DD0000, at least then I can compare and contrast colors a little more scientifically then trying to guess the shade from a picture on Amazon.

It doesn't have to be exact, and if colors change over time, then great, at least I can get a reference to what the color will look like. I've ordered "Red" from 3 different manufacturers and gotten 3 different shades. Same with "Blue". I've even gotten two different shades of "Blue" from the same manufacturer.

Color names are OK, but they really don't tell me much. What is Green vs Light Green. How light or dark is the Green really. What shades are Red, Ruby Red, and Red Lava?

Yes, Why not use the already existing RAL codification of colours ?

I am hoping the manufacturers would do this to help us out, I'm not really concerned about WHICH one they choose, just choose one so we don't have to guess.

Student
    Add BillyPLA on Facebook
    Yes We are using PMS on color offer,Furthermore,A patented product,material all certificated by ROSH.Feel free to contact me if interesting.Cheers

Follow makeshaper On Twitter Add makeshaper on Facebook
    Hi,

MakeShaper's filament is all Pantone matched and includes the # on the label. We also add UV stabilizers to guarantee that our filament stays the same color with no variance in batches. We can even do custom pantone colors to fit you needs, however this requires a bulk order. If you have any questions email me at info@makeshaper or check out our website http://www.makeshaper.com

Quote Originally Posted by makeshaper View Post
    Hi,

MakeShaper's filament is all Pantone matched and includes the # on the label. We also add UV stabilizers to guarantee that our filament stays the same color with no variance in batches. We can even do custom pantone colors to fit you needs, however this requires a bulk order. If you have any questions email me at info@makeshaper or check out our website http://www.makeshaper.com
    We need some Red PLA, but when I checked your website, I only Saw a Hot-Pink color , No Real Red ! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by EagleSeven View Post
    We need some Red PLA, but when I checked your website, I only Saw a Hot-Pink color , No Real Red ! LOL
    Both our red abs and pla are matched to Pantone 186C which is pretty red, here is an item that was printed with our red abs.
    3DPRINTING-SECOND.jpg

Here is a link to our red pla https://makeshaper.ecwid.com/#!/Red-...egory=13684094 we have 1kg, 650g and 220g available!

Yes, that Is a Nice color but we need Red like this color , See picture:
    I think it's more of a Cherry red.
    (So far I've not found any filament in that color, all are Pink or Orange )

NSXTINDY.JPG
    Last edited by EagleSeven; 08-19-2015 at 03:50 PM.

(So far I've not found any filament in that color )

NSXTINDY.JPG
    That is definitely on the deeper end of the spectrum. We can do specific pantone color matching for a larger order if you were interested, if not no worries we hope that you can find a filament that meets your needs!

I think it's more of a Cherry red.
    (So far I've not found any filament in that color, all are Pink or Orange )

NSXTINDY.JPG

The whole point of RAL and Pentone is to avoid the "I was hoping to find it more like that" thing. You should look up the RAL or Pentone you want and the discussion ends there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast