Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by sinful View Post
    sapient24,

thank you for pictures, I found the issue:
    1. change your fan to the original one, and don't use cheap chineese junk, because it could lead to such problems.
    2. your fan is looking the wrong way, so instead of blowing to the heat sink and cooling it, together with the bar mount and the motor, it sucks up the air from the heat sink and increases the heat inside your assembly.

Solution: Buy new fan from makerbot, mount it with the sticker looking inside and you should be good.

On a side note, you dont need any spacer between motor and bar mound to keep it cool, motor should be firmly attached to the aluminum block using 2 long screws which also attaches the fan and the heat sink to the whole assembly.
    Thanks for your response Sinful.

Ya, I only plugged in that fan for a few seconds. It didn't work. It's a 12v fan. I already ordered the fan form makerbot.

I tried to let a the printer run and I'm back to getting extruding problems. Randomly starts extruding less during the print and has a tocking sound. The moter couldnt push or pull the filament.

without a right fan you wont be able to avoid constant extruder clogs. Please make sure you have installed new fan with the sticker looking inside to the heat sink and try again.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    800K hours.
    that equates to 91 years non-stop.
    I guess that could wear a motor out :-)

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    that equates to 91 years non-stop.
    I guess that could wear a motor out :-)
    hahahahaha

Got my new fan today. I replaced the nozzle with a new one. Torched the one I took off. And with the new fan, my Replicator 2 seems to be printing like the beast that it is so far. Extruder motor warm as usual.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12