Close

xyz da vinci help!

Hi there trying to work out what i am doing wrong with my 3d printer (xyz da vinci 1.0) i keep getting weird marks on the bottom of my prints please see images

image2.jpgimage1.jpg

any help would be amazing thanks !

Your nozzle is a little too far away from the bed on your first layer, and your bed may not be quite level. Lower the nozzle just a little and you should be good. The gaps between extrusion lines should also disappear.

An alternative explanation is under-extrusion, requiring calibration of e-steps per mm, but I'd calibrate first layer height first.

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Since Lowering the nozzle isn't an option in the XYZ, recalibrate the bed. How to do it is in the instructions.

If it calibrates ok, and you're still getting divots, then you are not adhering to the bed correctly. Try a different method (Glue stick is my goto for the Davinci).

If that still doesn't work, adjust your layer height from .3mm to .2mm. You might try .1, but I've found through various tests, .1 does little more than add time to the print, I never saw a benefit.

Beyond that, since you cannot adjust anything else without hacking the machine, You're pretty much SOL without voiding the warranty.

But My first guess would be adhesion to be honest. Once you've calibrated the bed, slap a copious amount of glue stick on that puppy till it bleeds purple and then print. I've seen those divots myself in the past, but it never really bothered me, as I was never using that face for a finished product. Since I've been leaving the glue stick on the bed for months at a time, and occasionally adding a bit of filler, I've haven't noticed them. But since this is supposed to be a finished face, You'll want to Acetone treat it anyways, that will get rid of the smaller ones, and a thick slurry filler will get rid of the big ones.

Have you looked at the print while it was made ? You learn a lot that way. It is generally recommended for the 1st layer.

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by LambdaFF View Post
    Have you looked at the print while it was made ? You learn a lot that way. It is generally recommended for the 1st layer.
    I was going to let him figure that out on his own, learning experience and all. He's probably seeing little bits of goobly gook pulling up and sticking to the hotend. Happens to me often enough, but the next pass usually knocks it back down so I don't notice anything wrong with the print.

If the previous posts didn't help you might want to check to see how much glue stick residue is on the print bed before you print.