Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Student
    Add kudo3D on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
    Hi Kudo3D,

Sorry but I'm confused. The website says: Stereolithography (SLA) printing technology with bottom-up configuration
    http://www.kudo3d.com/products/

It is not very clear whether it is a SLA or DLP printer. It is either SLA or DLP, it can't be both?

Regards,
    kilroy.
    Hi Kilroy,

It actually is both.

Here is an excerpt from our blog comparing DLP v. Laser for SLA printers:

SLA stands for stereolithography. In this method of additive manufacturing, a 3D printed object is built layer-by-layer using a liquid resin (photopolymer) that is cured using UV light. What differentiates the Titan 1 from other SLA printers, is that the Titan 1 uses Digital Light Processing (DLP) to shine UV light via a projector.

The projector remains completely stationary during printing (and it is important that it doesn’t move or else the layers won’t align properly), which means there are few moving parts and little machine maintenance required. The only moving part is the stepper motor that lifts the build platform as the model grows after each layer is cured.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Hello. I have a question, very similar to Kilroy's, so I post it here.

I already have Acer P1500 DLP projector, and want to turn it to 3d printer. I need some cheap DLP 3d printer kit. By cheap, I mean price around $1000. I think, that mUVe 1.1 might be a good choice. Actually, can't find any good alternative to it. What do you think?

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
    If buying third party resins, how can I find out if it is compatible with a printer? Do I check the printer specs, or the resin specs? In the printer software, how do I calibrate the settings so that the curing effect is specification for that resin formula?
    kilroy,

I don't have DLP printer, but I believe each printer cures at a particular wavelength (or range of wavelengths), and you would obtain resin which crosslinks at the wavelength(s) which your machine produces. This should be detailed in the machine's specifications. I would not recommend a machine which does not publish this information.

Technologist
    Follow raysspl On Twitter Add raysspl on Facebook
    We use the FSL3D Pegasus Touch with much success http://eezitec.com/products/fsl3d-pegasus-touch-laser

Thank you, Davo.

So we need to check that both Resin and the machine are compatible. Could someone upload a screenshot of how I can tweak the wavelength? I don't own a DLP / SLA printer yet, so any software will be fine. Which settings do I need to be looking at?

Thanks.
    Kilroy

Quote Originally Posted by Davo View Post
    kilroy,

I don't have DLP printer, but I believe each printer cures at a particular wavelength (or range of wavelengths), and you would obtain resin which crosslinks at the wavelength(s) which your machine produces. This should be detailed in the machine's specifications. I would not recommend a machine which does not publish this information.

Hi, may I get some experience on your form 1? because I plan to get this printer recently. Many thanks

hi, I also checked some reviews, and Kudo 3D should be good, but the machine looks a little weird, anyone has some points as me?

Which printer did you go with in the end??

GBR1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12