Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Recommendations for an SLA / DLP Printer?

Hi all,

List of SLA / DLP Printers - vote and recommendations?

I have used standard FDM / FFF machines such as the Makerbot, Ultimaker, Rapman, etc. and now moving into SLA and DLP territory. I had a Form 1 which came from the original Kickstarter campaign and had upgraded it to the Form1+. There were issues, but the service support was superb. Their technical support was absolutely spot on and very helpful.

I've omitted the specs such as the print bed size or the resolution or cost of consumables as my priority would be (1) Reliability of the parts (2) the level of Technical Support in terms of having forums dedicated to the hardware and from their support service team; (3) and whether the supplied software / slicer, etc. is intuitive enough to use. Most importantly, another critical factor is whether the hardware / printer can accept 3rd party resins, which I understand it also means that the software must be able to "tweak" with certain settings. Now moving on, I'd like to experiment with another printer and what would be your recommendations in terms of:

1. Reliability
    2. Technical Support
    3. Ease of Use for Software
    4. Compatible with 3rd party resins (important factor)

The list of printers are:

1. 3DSystems SLA
    2. Prodways
    3. Envisiontec
    4. Rapidshape
    5. DWS
    6. Asiga
    7. Kevvox
    8. MiiCraft
    9. Ilios HD
    10. EliteImageWorks
    11. SolidatorDLP
    12. B9Creator
    13. mUVe1DLP
    14. Atum3d
    15. Totem3d
    16. Titan1
    17. M-One
    18. Draken
    19. Carima DLP
    20. Ember AutoDesk
    21. Robotfactory

Thanks.
    Kilroy

Add bford903 on Facebook
    I can tell you that 1. 3D Systems, 3. Envisiontec, and 5. DWS (Digital Wax Systems) all use proprietary resins. It may be possible to use third-party resins, but they were not intended to and will most likely void any warranty on the machine. However, they all seem to be reliable machines with a very shallow learning curve.

Quote Originally Posted by bford903 View Post
    I can tell you that 1. 3D Systems, 3. Envisiontec, and 5. DWS (Digital Wax Systems) all use proprietary resins. It may be possible to use third-party resins, but they were not intended to and will most likely void any warranty on the machine. However, they all seem to be reliable machines with a very shallow learning curve.
    Hi,

Which of these models would you therefore recommend, that uses 3rd party resins?

Thanks,
    Kilroy

Quote Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
    Hi,

Which of these models would you therefore recommend, that uses 3rd party resins?

Thanks,
    Kilroy
    Take a look at the Solus dlp 3d printer. Www.junction3d.com

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Student
    Add kudo3D on Facebook
    You should check out our Titan 1 that utilizes our patent-pending passive self-peeling technology, which minimizes post-processing.

The Titan 1 has an XY resolution ranging from 37-100 microns, but can actually go down to 25 microns with a modification to the project. (However, we do not advise this unless the printer is used to print at 25 microns frequently because it will give up the projector's warranty)

Additionally, the Titan 1's max build size is 7.5 x 4.3 x 10.0 (inches) and can print as fast as 2.7 in/hr.

Here is a comparison with other printers in the same range:
    http://www.kudo3d.com/products/ (scroll to the bottom)

Please view our gallery: http://www.kudo3d.com/gallery/

If you have any questions, you can email me at catherinepark@kudo3d.com.

Thank you.

Is the Kudo a SLA or a DLP printer?

Kilroy

Student
    Add kudo3D on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
    Thank you.

Is the Kudo a SLA or a DLP printer?

Kilroy

It is a DLP printer, with the projected included. XY resolution ranges from 37-100 microns, but can reach 25microns with a modification in the projector.

Hi Kudo3D,

Sorry but I'm confused. The website says: Stereolithography (SLA) printing technology with bottom-up configuration
    http://www.kudo3d.com/products/

It is not very clear whether it is a SLA or DLP printer. It is either SLA or DLP, it can't be both?

Regards,
    kilroy.

Staff Engineer
    It's a DLP. On the site, they say it uses a HD DLP projector with a 2cm native 1920×1080 DMD chip by Texas Instruments.

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

Hi Andrew, thank you for clarifying. OK, So Kudo3D's Titan1 is a DLP printer.

I have another question - If buying third party resins, how can I find out if it is compatible with a printer? Do I check the printer specs, or the resin specs? In the printer software, how do I calibrate the settings so that the curing effect is specification for that resin formula?

Thanks,

Regards,
    FMF

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast