Close

The 3D Printed Knitting Machine

Artists Mar Canet and Varvara Guljajeva worked to use 3D printing to create a circular knitting machine they are calling the Circular Knitic. While the connection between 3D printing and knitting might not be immediately apparent to those who haven't tried one or the other, they are both clear examples of additive manufacturing. Cant and Guljajeva wanted to reintroduce that connection and allow people to build their own knitting machines. Therefore, they released a tutorial on Instructables complete with 3D print files. Read and see more at: http://3dprint.com/71065/3d-printed-knitting-machine/

Student
    I'm new to this site. Please excuse my lack of protocols.
    Does anyone know anybody that is 3D printing socks? I have an innovation that requires a prototype.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well i suppose that -technically - with an sls setup you could 3d print socks in a flexible chainmail type mesh pattern, and if you used a flexible material it would also sretch.

So yes it could be done, but I can't recall hearing of anyone who's bothered to do it. I mean why would you ?