Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thank you!

hi can you help I have all the same problems as jeffAllen,has any one have rollback link for 3.6 for mac,please would be gratefull

Quote Originally Posted by ronbamber View Post
    hi can you help I have all the same problems as jeffAllen,has any one have rollback link for 3.6 for mac,please would be gratefull
    Hey ronbamber. I'd be happy to help. Here's a download link to 3.6 for OS X:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r08xnn9gn8....0.64.dmg?dl=0

Before you install please make sure to completely uninstall MakerBot Desktop and any temp files by following my instructions below.

1) Uninstall MakerBot Desktop completely.

2) After you've uninstalled MakerBot Desktop, open the System Preferences window. Click on Users & Groups, under the System heading. If you see a lock icon in the lower left corner of the window, click it to unlock it. Locate the "MakerBot Conveyor Service" user in the list on the left side of the window and click it. Click the minus ( - ) icon near the lower left corner of the window, and then click "Ok" in the box that pops up.

3) Open your terminal and run the following line of code:

rm -rf ~/.config/MakerBot

Let me know how it goes.

Thank you MBSupport,worked fine now back with 3.6 for OS X: great help Thanks Ron

Quote Originally Posted by maxxborg View Post
    after updating today I am unable to get my software to run, it gives me a "Makerbot desktop has stopped Working" Error. I have deleted the temp files that makerbot suggests to do, but it still wont start. Help?
    Maxborg did you ever figure out a fix? I am running windows 8.1 64bit and am getting the same error when I try to export the file. It crashes every time. I also get the same error if I click "add file" however if I simply drag the file into the window the error does not occur.

I will try uninstalling and reinstalling later today. If that does not work I might try installing 3.6....unless there are other ideas.

Thanks
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikes1098 View Post
    Maxborg did you ever figure out a fix? I am running windows 8.1 64bit and am getting the same error when I try to export the file. It crashes every time. I also get the same error if I click "add file" however if I simply drag the file into the window the error does not occur.

I will try uninstalling and reinstalling later today. If that does not work I might try installing 3.6....unless there are other ideas.

Thanks
    Mike
    I tried installing 3.6... same exact error...crashes when exporting. I feel like it might be a windows thing.... any ideas on what to change?

I tried installing 3.6... same exact error...crashes when exporting. I feel like it might be a windows thing.... any ideas on what to change?
    Have you tried updating your graphics drivers? Outdated graphics drivers can sometimes cause errorless app crashes and/or slicer errors for the Windows version of MakerBot Desktop. A complete re-intstall may also be a solution. Please follow my instructions below:

1) Go to Add/Remove Programs and fully uninstall MakerBot Desktop.

2) Go to Start. In the search box, type %APPDATA% and hit Enter. In the window that opens up, you'll see a folder called MakerBot. Delete that folder and all of its contents.

3) Follow the instructions in the link below to perform a disk cleanup as well:
    http://www.makerbot.com/support/new/...(Windows_Only)

4) Reinstall MakerBot Desktop by dragging the .exe install file to your desktop, right clicking the icon, and then selecting "Run as Admin".

If the issue persists I'd like to open a case for you. Please DM me your printer's serial number and I'll get that process started.

Quote Originally Posted by MBSupport View Post
    Have you tried updating your graphics drivers? Outdated graphics drivers can sometimes cause errorless app crashes and/or slicer errors for the Windows version of MakerBot Desktop. A complete re-intstall may also be a solution. Please follow my instructions below:

1) Go to Add/Remove Programs and fully uninstall MakerBot Desktop.

2) Go to Start. In the search box, type %APPDATA% and hit Enter. In the window that opens up, you'll see a folder called MakerBot. Delete that folder and all of its contents.

3) Follow the instructions in the link below to perform a disk cleanup as well:
    http://www.makerbot.com/support/new/...(Windows_Only)

4) Reinstall MakerBot Desktop by dragging the .exe install file to your desktop, right clicking the icon, and then selecting "Run as Admin".

If the issue persists I'd like to open a case for you. Please DM me your printer's serial number and I'll get that process started.
    Thanks for the detailed instructions, unfortunately the problem is still the same. I have determined that it crashes anytime it tries to talk to the computer itself -- either opening a file or exporting and saving a file. I have found work-arounds for both -- to open the file I can just drag the file onto the open makerware window and to export the file I have to send it directly the printer via the USB. This works but is a little bit of a hassle bc the printer is not next to my computer .... but it works! so I am happy

Thanks for the detailed instructions, unfortunately the problem is still the same. I have determined that it crashes anytime it tries to talk to the computer itself -- either opening a file or exporting and saving a file. I have found work-arounds for both -- to open the file I can just drag the file onto the open makerware window and to export the file I have to send it directly the printer via the USB. This works but is a little bit of a hassle bc the printer is not next to my computer .... but it works! so I am happy
    I'm happy to help, but I'd be happier if your product experience was hassle free. If possible can you please DM me your account information? I'm sure the software team is interested in fixing the reported bug.

exact thing happened to me with 3.7 update. Both windows 7 and windows 10 have this issue. Ive tried all the above steps both machines. even finding 3.6 to install again but crashes as soon as I click add file to try to do something. before update 3.6 worked on both machine so trying to open files ive done before.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12