Close

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Not sure if this is still going but if so then I would like one for my Makerfarm Prusa i3v If you feel that isn't popular enough I also have a Rostock Delta.

Cheers.

i thought i would update everyone on the build plates.
    we have been experimenting with magnetic bottoms with great success.
    we simply purchased some 1mm stickyback magnetic sheet and adhered it to the bottom of the build plate and purchased some stickyback
    ferras paper and adhered it to the top of the bed.
    the result is it pulls the plate to the bed perfectly and comes off easily, i think this will solve the issue with the larger plates slightly warping in the middle where no clamps can help.
    i now have no need for clamps

the downside is it makes the build plate 1mm thicker, but we think the best way would be to use 2mm acrylic instead of 3mm to overcome that problem.

with the issue of the build plate material unsticking and sometimes bubbling we have decided to us 3m double sided sticky sheets between the layers and that seems to make the top layer adhere much better and should overcome any bubbling.

any thoughts!

Any chance you will start selling these soon? Magnetic attachment sounds pretty awesome. At first your build plate started off as a testing ground for me but I'm finding it to be more reliable than the one that came with my Craftbot! Also, updating from whenever I last posted, the only material I have had problems with printing on Diamondblack is woodfill. That being said, this was not an issue of the print becoming unstuck from the bed, rather it was difficult to completely remove the raft.

Quote Originally Posted by STRYKR View Post
    Any chance you will start selling these soon? Magnetic attachment sounds pretty awesome.
    Yeah, might be interested too.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678