Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Simplify 3D. A Really IMPORTANT Question

Hi all. I am hoping you can help me out. I have an issue with controlling temperatures on my Flashforge Creator Pro 3D printer in Simplify 3D.

I want to turn off Simplify's temperature control all together in the software and let the printer control it.

Is there a way to do that? Thank you in advance. Have a good one!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Grey's Studios View Post
    Hi all. I am hoping you can help me out. I have an issue with controlling temperatures on my Flashforge Creator Pro 3D printer in Simplify 3D.

I want to turn off Simplify's temperature control all together in the software and let the printer control it.

Is there a way to do that? Thank you in advance. Have a good one!
    Can you be more specific? In S3D you can set the temperature for a given layer pretty reliably, what do you mean let the printer control it?

If you edit your gcode in the TXT program, you can search for commands starting with :
    M104 : set temp
    M109 : set temp and wait to reach it
    M105 : check temp
    M140 : set temp (hot bed)
    M190 : set temp and wait to reach it (hot bed)

The printer just applies these codes, if they are not there in the gcode, you will not have any temp control...

S3D handles it very well but I had to look into it recently : i wanted to do dual color printing and force the non used head to cool down to limit the oozing issues. You can do everything with the above commands.

Thank you. Rebuilding the code now in simplify 3D so I can edit in text. i appreciate the settings to watch for. A 1500 Layer item I am printing, so 22 hours to print the whole things. LOL. Not too bad. I'll just turn off the lights so it won't bother me over night and put on my sound proof headphones before bed.

Perhaps having this in your bedroom is not the most sensible thing to do, even with PLA... Take care of your health, move it elsewhere.

3DPrintBoardPro Member car3less's Avatar
    Follow car3less On Twitter Add car3less on Facebook Add car3less on Shapeways
    I am also using Simplify 3D with FF Creator PRo and never had problems with temperature... There are many settings and this can be a little confusing. Until you learn them.
    When you have question you can also contact simplify3D team directly. They have very good customer service and always offering advice.
    Printare 3D Bucuresti

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Arthur C. Clarke

Thanks for the advice Lambda. Never thought of that. I will have to look into workshop locations for the house. Thank you.

It is not the best environment for sleeping, I'll grant you that with the noise from it, but I will find a new spot. Maybe in my TV Room. That might work well.

Quote Originally Posted by car3less View Post
    When you have question you can also contact simplify3D team directly. They have very good customer service and always offering advice.
    Not sure when you last tried to contact them....or how....but this is 100% opposite to my experience with their "customer service".
    Their software is really good....but I have never had them reply to a single one of my requests for support.
    I suppose it's possible they were having some kind of family emergency during the time I was trying to get support, but there's no way I could know that.

Engineer
    dont submit your support question through the s3d website. email them at support@simplify3d.com. all the people i have heard complain about the support has been when they use their website. i know on my own website that when i had an entry form available that i would get blasted with spam from bots. sometimes i would get over 1000 per day. it makes it impossible to find the real people needing help. i have had s3d for over 3 years now and never once got my email unanswered.

Quote Originally Posted by jimc View Post
    dont submit your support question through the s3d website. email them at support@simplify3d.com. all the people i have heard complain about the support has been when they use their website. i know on my own website that when i had an entry form available that i would get blasted with spam from bots. sometimes i would get over 1000 per day. it makes it impossible to find the real people needing help. i have had s3d for over 3 years now and never once got my email unanswered.
    Ahhhhh
    Thank you for that. I'll give it a try.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast