Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

Full Color 3D Printing using a Paper Product

This is the first I've heard of this, and I must say, it sounds truly amazing if it actually works like they say.

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/26486...-breakthrough/

It's a 3d printer that uses paper to make the objects. Because it is paper, it can basically come in multiple colors and many colors at once. I can't believe this is the first I've heard of this. Has anyone else seen or heard anything about this method of printing?

Ed

I've never seen anything like this before. Are there actually printers on the market that use this method?

Wow!!!!!!!!!!

Student
    Hey man, thanks for sharing this! If it wasn't on here, there is no way I would have even known about it!
    Is it just me, or does that grapefruit look better than sandstone?

I'm seeing some step-lines on the head, but the horse looks entirely plastic. Maybe there is a coating that can be applied afterwards?
    Also, he brings up Staples. Shouldn't they be looking at this technology, instead of going plastic?
    Last edited by CreativeCoPilot; 10-25-2013 at 03:44 PM.

Technician
    Hey,

I heared before of it. A company here in the Netherlands, told it me before.

That is a very interesting video. Technology looks great but at $47.000 per printer, it is out of reach of most hobbyists. I did see some items made with some sort of inkjet printer then the parts are exposed to super glue to harden. The pieces had a stone like feel and looked really good. And it prints in color!

Student
    Again... ...
    Quote Originally Posted by CreativeCoPilot View Post
    Is it just me, or does that grapefruit look better than sandstone?
    Last edited by CreativeCoPilot; 10-25-2013 at 05:38 PM.

There is a rumor that these will be in Staples stores soon so you can pop in with your .stl file and have them print it out?

Student
    Sorry, was that a question? If you're referring to my comment in terms of Staples looking at this method, instead of using plastic, it was in regards to their Cube printers (which they already have in stock). http://www.staples.com/Cube-3D-Print...duct_SS2044291
    Last edited by CreativeCoPilot; 10-26-2013 at 12:23 AM.

Technologist
    I think what he meant was that Staple will have these machines at their locations and you can use it as a service.
    There are a few staple that has them but not in Cali they are in Europe area as for right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast