Close

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Now that's alot of parts, not sure what i expected but it's goign to be fun to assemble

The Video is 16:9 with added black bars to become 4:3 and then the Youtube-Player again adds black bars for it to be 16:9 again.
    Now I have a black rim around the video
    But apart from that I like the video

quertz

Engineer-in-Training
    quertz - Good catch, got that fixed. Thanks for commenting.

Memorian X - Not as many parts for the printer itself, surprisingly few, in fact. Check out my build video:

That amount of parts looks more manageable, i just saw both your build videos and they are very well done, it doesn't look to hard to assemble, cant wait till your next videos where the printer does some work

Staff Engineer
    I tried following the official first draft of the assembly video, but then switched to Anuvin's version. There is a fine art to keeping your hands in the frame of a how-to video while talking about and apparently showing the audience key parts and their orientation on the assembly. Also the scanner portion was a bit hard to watch... Hot glue for paper, really? I can't complain about the scanner though, it was basically a freebie along with the printer.

As for the build reservoir, I found a better container to use than a pop bottle. My wife's favorite drink:
    Attachment 8493
    Still 2 liters, but the plastic is maybe 50% thicker and completely straight sided.

Engineer-in-Training
    Hey Feign, hope I made things a little easier for ya! The software is up now and I can't wait for you to get a print out. Speaking of...

Just recalibrating and then more prints to come!
    Last edited by Anuvin; 01-25-2016 at 07:23 PM.

Peachy Printer Founder
    Ah the very first successful print from a backer using a V1 printer!
    been waiting for this moment for a long time.
    Great work everyone.
    lets all get up from our computers and go crack a cold one, to celebrate.
    The pic above marks the beginning of a new era for peachy printer.

Cheers, to all the prints to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Toasterboy View Post
    The "print head" for Peachy is basically a laser which is deflected by mirrors controlled by electromagnets. The print volume is then basically a pyramid or cone below whatever height the print head is mounted at, so the higher it is mounted, the greater the surface area of the print vat can be.

As far as I know, larger print configurations have not actually been tried yet, but from the discussion we know that the Peachy team has focused engineering effort for the 1.0 printer on small print reservoir scenarios (as they should). There will be challenges in getting larger prints to work well. Theoretically, the 1.0 printer should be able to print to large areas if it is for example mounted on the ceiling in your garage (depending on the height of the garage ceiling). However, print times for a large vat will be prohibitive, among other things, so some of the optimizations discussed on this thread would be needed to make larger print scenarios feasible. That's why folks are playing around with pump hacks to replace the basic dripper, which is great for small print vats, but won't scale well for bigger vats. It's the first of several components that need upgrading to enable the larger scenarios. Bear in mind, too, that laser safety with a small vat configuration, and laser safety with something mounted on your ceiling are completely different animals.
    Well played sir. Thank you everyone for explaining this to me. Been busy with classes and work so I'm super late on the response. I apologize if I made it difficult to explain, or whatnot, but it's hard to visualize without the physical parts, but it makes sense now. So thank you very much :]

Okay well how about another resevoir question? I searched but nothing came up, unless my wording was off.

Anyways: would it be possible to somehow configure/rig/hack the peachy to print multi-colored pieces? Like invest in a slightly bigger pump/print mechanism to hook 2 resevoirs up to? or is that thinking too far ahead at the moment? :P Just curious.

Peachy Printer Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by MistahBradley View Post
    Okay well how about another resevoir question? I searched but nothing came up, unless my wording was off.

Anyways: would it be possible to somehow configure/rig/hack the peachy to print multi-colored pieces? Like invest in a slightly bigger pump/print mechanism to hook 2 resevoirs up to? or is that thinking too far ahead at the moment? :P Just curious.
    great minds think alike...
    http://peachyprinter.ipbhost.com/ind...ial-raft-hack/

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast