Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Not getting pictures - New to forums

Hi,

Just bought my first 3D printer - a Prusa i3 from the second owner who upgraded to something larger. I've done two 3D objects before by sending files to someone else's printer, but now I have my own. Should be fun.

I have a problem w/X-Axis belt tension, so I found this thread:

Maintenance, Mods and Tips'n'Tricks - Prusa i3

But in looking at the thread, pictures don't show. Prior to registering and logging in, I saw that the post did have picture references.

Is there some setting I'm missing to see in-line pictures, or do they just happen to be gone on this thread?

Thanks.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    It's not you. 3DPrintBoard has been broken for over a month now.

Eddie, Brian, Sarah, and any other admins, you really, really should be courteous to your users and explain whether this is permanent or whether there's hope of the problem being resolved some day.
    Last edited by printbus; 05-30-2015 at 02:09 PM.

Thanks. I was going to post a picture of my printer in hopes of someone identifying the kit manufacturer and then getting some firmware and settings info. I guess I'll hold off for now.

Quote Originally Posted by iras View Post
    Thanks. I was going to post a picture of my printer in hopes of someone identifying the kit manufacturer and then getting some firmware and settings info. I guess I'll hold off for now.
    I think the issue is with images and attachements that were uploaded prior to about mid April when 3DPrintBoard ran into some server issues. If you can post an image today, it should display OK. You can also always link to an image that you have somewhere else like imgur or dropbox.

FOLLOWUP COMMENT: My statement about new images and attachments displaying OK was with respect to the attachment situation as it was in early 2015. That seems to no longer apply in 2016.
    Last edited by printbus; 09-08-2016 at 10:41 AM.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Hi Guys,

I have raised this with Eddie some time ago, I also cannot see any images on the site either nor can I see images I am uploading. I'm not sure what's causing it as I don't have access to that part of the forum, but I'll see if we can get it fixed, it is becoming a bit frustrating when you read a thread and someone is describing a picture.. but you can't see the picture

I'll try and keep you posted.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    ...it is becoming a bit frustrating when you read a thread and someone is describing a picture.. but you can't see the picture
    What I find even more frustrating is all the threads from new users talking about how they tried and tried to upload images/attachments and the forum wouldn't accept them. What are these new users supposed to be told that encourages them to keep using the forum?

As I said over a year ago on a prior round of server/attachment issues, users should at least be told whether the situation is permanent or not.

EDITS FOLLOW:
    If the inability to upload new images and attachments is permanent, the FAQ page needs to be updated to correct misleading information on how to upload stuff.
    Last edited by printbus; 09-12-2016 at 03:30 PM. Reason: removed laughable statements about clear.gif

Testing current state of upload capability -

Adding as attachments...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by printbus; 09-15-2016 at 08:05 PM.

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse
    I believe it's fixed. Let me know any adjustments that you would like see made.

Eddie

We're closer, Eddie. Looks like being able to post attachments might be working. Should it be possible to insert a full-size (non-thumbnail) image? Maybe I just forgot how to do it, but that didn't seem to work.

All prior attachments and images still appear to be gone. The ones you see throughout the forum recently are all linked from elsewhere.

I was able to insert an image from photobucket just a few mins ago.
    That being said I did not get a chance to edit it down to a more manageable size yet I will do that now.

Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    We're closer, Eddie. Looks like being able to post attachments might be working. Should it be possible to insert a full-size (non-thumbnail) image? Maybe I just forgot how to do it, but that didn't seem to work.

All prior attachments and images still appear to be gone. The ones you see throughout the forum recently are all linked from elsewhere.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast